mechacrash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have recently softmodded my wii and attempted to play super smash bros brawl using a backup loader (namely USB loader gx rev 747 - forwarder). However, like a few other people on this forum i keep recieving the "eject disc and reset wii" error message after:

-The first battle in the subspace emmissary
-The animation of lucas in the title intro (about half way through)
-Upon completion of classic mode

I have tried using waninkoko's cIOS38 rev 12 through to 14 with a combination of hermes cIOS 222/223 rev 2 through to 4, all have failed.
I tried changing the game specific options in usb loader gx to test the game with IOS versions 222, 223 and 249, with options changed each time (Error 002 fix off, on and anti, no IOS reload off and on). Every combination has failed.

To make sure i could test each cIOS thoroughly i uninstalled each version and reinstalled them when testing another (using any title deleter).
I have read the recommendations on this forum (rev14 doesnt work, use hermes rev3 36 merge 37 etc.) and none have worked.
i have a LU64+ wii (V4.0E) with bootmii (IOS), preloader, usb loader gx rev 747, HBC, seagate HDD (anti spindown activated).

The game works perfectly when run through the disc, but it seems that the dual layers are still problematic for every attempt i have of backing up.
If anyone has a fix / solution to this problem PLEASE tell me how... i really REALLY love SSBB XD

(btw. i already re-dumped the game from my disc, and i tried neogamma R7 to check it wasnt loader gx causing the problem. both returned the error nontheless).

thanks in advance

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mechacrash said:
I have recently softmodded my wii and attempted to play super smash bros brawl using a backup loader (namely USB loader gx rev 747 - forwarder). However, like a few other people on this forum i keep recieving the "eject disc and reset wii" error message after:

-The first battle in the subspace emmissary
-The animation of lucas in the title intro (about half way through)
-Upon completion of classic mode

I have tried using waninkoko's cIOS38 rev 12 through to 14 with a combination of hermes cIOS 222/223 rev 2 through to 4, all have failed.
I tried changing the game specific options in usb loader gx to test the game with IOS versions 222, 223 and 249, with options changed each time (Error 002 fix off, on and anti, no IOS reload off and on). Every combination has failed.

To make sure i could test each cIOS thoroughly i uninstalled each version and reinstalled them when testing another (using any title deleter).
I have read the recommendations on this forum (rev14 doesnt work, use hermes rev3 36 merge 37 etc.) and none have worked.
i have a LU64+ wii (V4.0E) with bootmii (IOS), preloader, usb loader gx rev 747, HBC, seagate HDD (anti spindown activated).

The game works perfectly when run through the disc, but it seems that the dual layers are still problematic for every attempt i have of backing up.
If anyone has a fix / solution to this problem PLEASE tell me how... i really REALLY love SSBB XD

(btw. i already re-dumped the game from my disc, and i tried neogamma R7 to check it wasnt loader gx causing the problem. both returned the error nontheless).

thanks in advance

If you installed the game via a USB Loader and had cIOS 249 rev 14 as your global boot at the time, that is your issue right there. cIOS 249 rev 14 not only breaks the dual layer support while playing a game, but also while installing a game.

Try deleting the game from your HDD via WBFS Manager and reinstalling it via the loader with cIOS 222 selected as your global boot.

Note:
When changing your global boot you must restart the loader for the change to take effect.
That means, go into the loader...
Change the global boot to 222...
Exit the loader all the way back to the system menu...
Start the loader again....
Install the game

mechacrash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there any recommendations for which 222 i should install as? im currently set up as cIOS38 rev13a with hermes222/223 rev3... i heard this combination has the best compatability so i thought id leave it as it is till a newer more stable release is available... will this setup positively effect the installation?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mechacrash said:
Are there any recommendations for which 222 i should install as? im currently set up as cIOS38 rev13a with hermes222/223 rev3... i heard this combination has the best compatability so i thought id leave it as it is till a newer more stable release is available... will this setup positively effect the installation?

You should be fine with that installation. Just delete SSBB from your drive using a WBFS PC utility and then install it again via the loader (with any cIOS but 249 rev 14).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."