Gaming SSBB - Is the same LB (2084960) for the US release?

spirity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to confirm if the LB trick used on JAP release is the same of US release?
The ISOs are different, and is the same LB for both?

Please let me know, why the 2084960 sector is the LB?
Using the auto setting by ImgBurn or CloneCD a LB is set, its impossible to burn a DL disc without a LB, so why the burn just work with 2084960?

Generally a LB is set on the optimized point, using a random point it's possible to split a file in the middle, for example, and it can make slowdowns or DREs at the read. So please, let me know, is a strategic point or just a random point?

The original LB can't be made for sure, just because the size of the layers of recordable media is lower than a original disc, but on GOW II (PS2), for example, the Layer 0, 1 can be fitted on both layers respecting the data.
Since the Wii have his own disc format, i think is more difficult to respect the data on layers.

What i try to explain is more or less like this.

file 1, file 2, file 3 on L0
file 4, file 5, file 6 on L1

And this repeat at the burned media.

I'm affraid that's are happing this.

file 1, file 2, file 3(part 1) on L0
file 3(part2), file 4, file 5, file 6 on L1

Sorry for my poor english, and thanks if anyone can explain that.

Thanx

richieroro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't actually know how or why the Wiinja team initially recommended 2084960 for the layer break on the Japanese SSBB. But I do see your point. Most likely, it is random and probably splitting up a file.

However, many people have had success w/o setting the layer break, so I wouldn't say it's an essential step. It's just an alternative option in case it doesn't work one way.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I burned the US version three times with LB 2084960 and all weren't recognized by the Wii. Then I burned it without custom LB and it's working flawlessly so far.

spirity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SpaceJump said:
I burned the US version three times with LB 2084960 and all weren't recognized by the Wii. Then I burned it without custom LB and it's working flawlessly so far.

What is your Modchip?

I have a D2CKey, and the game just loads for me with the custom LB, with slowdowns and some DREs but working.

richieroro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone has the original SSBB US disc and one of those Wii-compatible LG drives, can you check what the Layer Break is with ImgBurn? (It should say it if you go to the Read mode in ImgBurn)

spirity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
richieroro said:
If anyone has the original SSBB US disc and one of those Wii-compatible LG drives, can you check what the Layer Break is with ImgBurn? (It should say it if you go to the Read mode in ImgBurn)

Yep, but we can't reproduce the original LB, because the DVD-/+R DL media have a smaller L0 than a original DVD-ROM DL.
But, if the original LB is not on the L0 boarder, yes we can! Fingers Cross!

Can anyone confirm the original US LB?
I tested with Wii Sports Disc and ImgBurn can read the disc info
biggrin.gif
Takes about 5 minutes but can!
I have a LG H10N, but don't the original SSBB
frown.gif

On the gray window at the left, check the Last Physical Sector in Layer 0 info a post that, please!

spirity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
spirity said:
richieroro said:

Yep, but we can't reproduce the original LB, because the DVD-/+R DL media have a smaller L0 than a original DVD-ROM DL.
But, if the original LB is not on the L0 boarder, yes we can! Fingers Cross!

Can anyone confirm the original US LB?
I tested with Wii Sports Disc and ImgBurn can read the disc info
biggrin.gif
Takes about 5 minutes but can!
I have a LG H10N, but don't the original SSBB
frown.gif

On the gray window at the left, check the Last Physical Sector in Layer 0 info a post that, please!

Confirmed! Is the true LB!

CODE
L-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B 0L06 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 4,155,840
Size: 8,511,160,320 bytes
Time: 923:33:15 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1...
-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 4155839)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 4155840)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: Reserved (0x0F)
Part Version: 15
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,566,527
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,281,567

Layer Information:
Layer 0 Sectors: 2,084,960 (50.17%)
Layer 1 Sectors: 2,070,880 (49.83%)

spirity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
spirity said:
Dirtie said:
QUOTE said:
Shouldn't that mean that 2,281,568 is the true layer break?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76426
Same thing I stated here.

Japanese release:
http://nekokabu.s7.xrea.com/blog/dvdinfo.jpg

No, this is the last sector of L0, the LB is the 2084960.

If it's the last sector of L0, then 2084960 CANNOT be the layer break because it is less than 2281568. See what I'm trying to get at?

I don't pretend to understand this very well, so if there is someone that can explain that would be great.

Edit: I think I'm maybe just a bit confused with the terminology. Is the layer break maybe where the data itself is divided, but the physical change in layers on the disc occurs later? I generally thought they were one and the same.

spirity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dirtie said:
spirity said:
Dirtie said:
QUOTE said:
Shouldn't that mean that 2,281,568 is the true layer break?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76426
Same thing I stated here.

Japanese release:
http://nekokabu.s7.xrea.com/blog/dvdinfo.jpg

No, this is the last sector of L0, the LB is the 2084960.

If it's the last sector of L0, then 2084960 CANNOT be the layer break because it is less than 2281568. See what I'm trying to get at?

I don't pretend to understand this very well, so if there is someone that can explain that would be great.

The LB is something like that:
After this point go to L1, the LB can't be set after the last sector because is no writable space, simple like that!

I this case the sectors between 2084960 to 2281568 are empty.

Resuming, LB is a FLAG to end of data on the layer, anything after that is on the second layer.

spirity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally a full working copy!

Yep, the key is how you burn, media quality, burner quality, speed.
ALWAYS USING THE CUSTOM LB, IT´S THE ONLY WAY TO REPRODUCE THE ORIGINAL LB.

First i burned on H22N 1.02 with 2.4x, the ImgBurn has reported 2.4x, 4x a 6x as supported speeds. The copy as loading but with some slowdowns and DREs.

Now i burned on H55N 1.05 with 4x, the ImgBurn has reported 4x as the only supported speed (this drive is more accurate, newest FW). Yes, i think 4x is the ideal speed for that media, Verbatim DVD+R DL (Singapure), just because this copy are working flawless. No slowdowns and DREs, player for more than 2 hours Very Happy

If the media are optimized for certain speed, slowing that speed can produce a poor burning. Sure the burner quality can affect the quality as the media too. So we can conclude thats many factors can affect the final product.

Try to check the optimized speed for burning the media are you using a be sure that your PC can handle that speed (if ImgBurn don´t sustain the selected speed you computer need some upgrade or the media are burning at the wrong speed!.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
spirity said:
SpaceJump said:

What is your Modchip?

I have a D2CKey, and the game just loads for me with the custom LB, with slowdowns and some DREs but working.

Wiikey 1.9g.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, wiikey firmware somehow dont matter where the layerbreak is, but this can change in future firmware.

I ue pioneer dvd burner and verbatim dvd+r dl with correct layerbreak, discs works fine in wiikey and d2ckey console without slowdown or other problems.
Always burn at 2.4X!

Torup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lenselijer said:
yes, wiikey firmware somehow dont matter where the layerbreak is, but this can change in future firmware.

I ue pioneer dvd burner and verbatim dvd+r dl with correct layerbreak, discs works fine in wiikey and d2ckey console without slowdown or other problems.
Always burn at 2.4X!

Unfortunately , I have and old LG GSA-4167B here.

Did my first burn, got DRE in all movies (none in common play).

Other question: the recommendation for DL DVD+R are only for layer break purposes (DVD-R dont have this feature, I think)???

tbprince

Trophies
XP
Country
France
SpaceJump said:

before you burned it without LB, what was your error ?

i burn my first iso with LB set and i have the black screen at launch, but i see the smash bros channel.

my system
wii pal 3.2E
wiikey 1.9g

super mario galaxies works perfectly

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tbprince said:
SpaceJump said:

before you burned it without LB, what was your error ?

i burn my first iso with LB set and i have the black screen at launch, but i see the smash bros channel.

my system
wii pal 3.2E
wiikey 1.9g

super mario galaxies works perfectly

The game wasn't recognized in the channel at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2