Hacking SSBB "Insert Disc" Problem

stevenr321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so like two days ago, I realized that my retail copy of SSBB was too scratched up to play it regularly, its a good thing I ripped a copy before this happened. So I proceeded to burn the copy of SSBB onto a dual layer disc, no problems occurred. However, when I tried to play it through NeoGamma r9 beta 50 (I think), SSBB immediately started up with a green screen asking me to " Please insert the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Game disc" To which it proceeded to remain frozen at. Believing that it must have been a bad dump, I test the iso out with Dolphin emulator on my computer, and the Iso ran perfectly.

So my question is: Is there a fix to that problem, and should I use a different DVD loader instead of Neogamma?

Thanks for your help! :)

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
The green and white screen indicative of a bad burn.

First of all you posted a short question as a thread. Threads on the forum are usually informative or for discussion. There is a section on GBAtemp called askGBAtemp. You can follow the link on the top of the page or check the right side of the front page to access it:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=ask

To fix your problem, try burning it:
- At a slow fixed speed like 4x or 2x
- With a different burning drive or a different computer
- With a different (more expensive) DL-DVD-R

If these don't work you might want to consider buying a big SD card or USB flash drive, it can be as much as a stack of dual layer DVDs.
It is also possible to make a RIP of the game that fits on a single layer DVD-R by removing some single player content, but it's a pain.

stevenr321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i go about removing this Single player content? Im willing to do it as all I really care about is the multiplayer. And sorry about the posting in the wrong section :(

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember. You can use the forums' search functions or a web search engine to find out about the Super Smash Bros. Brawl DVD5 rip. It is a pain but a thorough description of the process is out there. You could just get a DVD5 rip someone else made (you own a copy of the game, so transmission of data may be legal in your area) but it's not the easiest thing to find online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games