SSBB "Insert Disc" Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by stevenr321, Nov 1, 2011.

Nov 1, 2011

SSBB "Insert Disc" Problem by stevenr321 at 11:26 PM (1,165 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. stevenr321
    OP

Newcomer stevenr321 Newbie

United States
    Ok so like two days ago, I realized that my retail copy of SSBB was too scratched up to play it regularly, its a good thing I ripped a copy before this happened. So I proceeded to burn the copy of SSBB onto a dual layer disc, no problems occurred. However, when I tried to play it through NeoGamma r9 beta 50 (I think), SSBB immediately started up with a green screen asking me to " Please insert the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Game disc" To which it proceeded to remain frozen at. Believing that it must have been a bad dump, I test the iso out with Dolphin emulator on my computer, and the Iso ran perfectly.

So my question is: Is there a fix to that problem, and should I use a different DVD loader instead of Neogamma?

Thanks for your help! :)

2. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    The green and white screen indicative of a bad burn.

First of all you posted a short question as a thread. Threads on the forum are usually informative or for discussion. There is a section on GBAtemp called askGBAtemp. You can follow the link on the top of the page or check the right side of the front page to access it:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=ask

To fix your problem, try burning it:
    - At a slow fixed speed like 4x or 2x
    - With a different burning drive or a different computer
    - With a different (more expensive) DL-DVD-R

If these don't work you might want to consider buying a big SD card or USB flash drive, it can be as much as a stack of dual layer DVDs.
    It is also possible to make a RIP of the game that fits on a single layer DVD-R by removing some single player content, but it's a pain.

3. stevenr321
    OP

United States
    How do i go about removing this Single player content? Im willing to do it as all I really care about is the multiplayer. And sorry about the posting in the wrong section :(

4. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    I don't remember. You can use the forums' search functions or a web search engine to find out about the Super Smash Bros. Brawl DVD5 rip. It is a pain but a thorough description of the process is out there. You could just get a DVD5 rip someone else made (you own a copy of the game, so transmission of data may be legal in your area) but it's not the easiest thing to find online.

5. stevenr321
    OP

United States
    Alright thanks for your help bro.