SSBB dvd5 + wiikey burning question, brickbocker?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by seitetsu, Feb 3, 2008.

1. seitetsu
    OP

seitetsu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Hey guys,

Quick question concerning burning the SSBB dvd5 version.

I have an american WII with wiikey 1.9g,

Do I need to use Brickblocker before burning the disk? Or does the dvd5 version have a work around built into the disk?

Thanks

2. ozz3000

ozz3000 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    according to Kiok's thread, you SHOULD patch it with brickblocker before burning.

EDIT: lol wow we have the same post count, and same join date 0.0

3. Pigiot

Pigiot GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    Incase you havent heard, the DVD9 version has been successfully dumped. I would wait for the version to spread around the net and get that one instead of the DVD5 version..

4. seitetsu
    OP

seitetsu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    oh yea, I read that, but for some reason I thought I'd still have to wait for a wiikey patch, but if the dvd5 version works, I guess the dvd9 version would too hehe.

THanks for the info ^^

5. ozz3000

ozz3000 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    do what im doing, and play the D5 version till your D9 download finishes, because thats gonna be a massive almost 9gb download.

Thats just me and my zero patience for a game i have been waiting to play forever.

6. arukado

arukado Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2007
    United States
    Theres just one thing I need clarified about the "MP3 15% trick." If I do this will it still let me access my wii settings or do I have to go through diagnostic mode? B/c if it still semi bricks the wii and just spares you the double channels i might as well just let it update all the way since it won't save my settings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice