SSBB DVD 9 not working for me?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by gbasource, Jun 14, 2010.

1. gbasource
    OP

gbasource GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2003
    West Midlands
    [​IMG] I had a dvd9 backup of Super Smash Brothers Brawl burned to a verbatim dvd dual layer and it worked perfect for a long time. I have always had cioscorp/preloader installed along with ciosrev19 and neogamma r8. I also installed the hermed 222 installer and my firmware is 3.2e. I used to have ciosrev13b installed and that would be what the game would run on. I have tried going back to cisorev13b but the game still gives dvd read error in neogamma and does not show up on the disc channel. My drive will make a reading noise for about 3 seconds then give up trying to read it. For the sake of it, I tried burning another copy onto a verbatim dual layer disc and added the correct layer break. I also burned at 2x with imgburn. This copy does the same thing. Am I missing a required ios or is there some other problem? The game will work on usbloader but I want it to run from disc so I do not have to keep copying over onto my usb. Please help.

By the way, what is cios60bf.wad? Is it just for 4.0 users or would I benefit from it on my 3.2 wii?

2. gbasource
    OP

May 28, 2003
    West Midlands
    Anyone??

3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Update to 4.2 and update to darkcorp.

Or maybe your Wii's lazer is fucked.

4. gbasource
    OP

May 28, 2003
    West Midlands
    I have darkcorp on 3.2. isnt updating to 4.2 a bad thing?

5. Riley

Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2009
    Canada
    BC Canada
    No. Make a nand backup.
    Uninstall Darkcorp and run v4.2 safe updater.