SSBB DRE Madness!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by kmp091, May 4, 2008.

May 4, 2008

SSBB DRE Madness! by kmp091 at 6:15 AM (5,821 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines
    Hi, newbie here. I was starting to believe that Nintendo was correct with the DRE cause of SSBB. I have both a retail US copy and a Japanese bootleg (from Hong Kong) of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The Japanese bootleg ironically gets identified by the Wii as, well, Super Smash Bros. X and the US retail version is... DRE. Well, I don't want to go to America just to send my Wii in because I live in the Philippines and there is NO official Nintendo shop whatever here. But then again, I have a chip (dunno the name) and I have updated to the Mario Kart Wii update (but I unfortunately get error 001 as well) so... can anyone give me instructions, at least so that if my technician doesn't know so I can give a printed copy of that to him, of what Nintendo does to fix the Wii to play the thing? Or at least how one can replace the DVD drive? I don't think the "cleaning the laser" thing is believable anymore. However, I'll still try canned air to make sure (for some reason).

P.S., If a bootleg gets error 001, does the original retail version get the same thing? And is the protection/update employed in Super Mario Galaxy (which works in my Wii), the same as the one used in SSBB and Mario Kart Wii (which my Wii reads then gets error 001)?

2. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    pilipino ka?

kung wiikey yung modchip mo di talaga mababasa yung retail kaylangan pa iupdate sa 1.9s ng wiikey

kaso di mo yata alam yung modchip tulad ko kaya di ko maupdate...san mo ba pinamod ? tanung mo anu modchip na nilagay sa wii mo

3. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines
    E di naman sa modchip ung may problema eh, Super Mario Galaxy ko orig tinapos ko na 120 Stars! kaya di cguro Wiikey na outdated ng sobra ang chip ko. At naka-mod na yan nung binili ko sa Greenhills kaya di ko lam. Pero thx sa rep.

4. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

If an English translation is offered, then perhaps the rest of the community can give you advice. [​IMG]

But if you have Wiikey make sure it is 1.9s. 1.9g will not cut it for legitimate Brawl.

5. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines
    Wow, now I hope I have a WiiKey. The thing we were talking about a while ago was about where I bought it, which was Greenhills (in the Philippines; near Ortigas Avenue) and the unit they sell is pre-modded with... I don't know. That may be the key to all this (no pun intended), and not the unclean laser issue. However, the guy who replied also said that retail in general won't cut it for 1.9s (that is, if it is a WiiKey) but... I don't know. Thanks, though. I'll ask next week when I'm able to go there ('cause it's kinda far).

Oh, and I'm also making a visual interpretation of my problem, just so that if there is any misunderstanding (which I doubt), it'll be cleared up.

6. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines

Here's a visual interpretation of my problem.

7. ponard

Newcomer ponard Member

Philippines
    ano specs ng wii mo?

8. Link00y

Newcomer Link00y Advanced Member

Germany
    To make it short and simple.. this is how WiiKeys behave to Smash Bros Brawl:

-1.9b and before (1.8, 1.7...) - non-modified copies: 001 error
    --> there are also modified copies with the 001 error patched
    -1.9g and before (1.9g, 1.8...) - retail: read error on the disc - a copy however works
    -1.9s - retail and copy: working perfectly!

So you might want to update your WiiKey (download an update disc at wiikey.cn).

9. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines
    @ponard

di ko lam kung ano ung mod chip na linagay eh. pre-modded na nung binili ko. pero tumawag ako kaninang tanghali sa pinagbilhan ko, alam nila ang problema. At sa tingin ko upgrade lang ok na.

@ Link00y

Cool, this explains everything! My Wii behavior is definitely similar to that of 1.9b! Maybe my Wii does have a WiiKey! But to make sure, I called the store and they said they could upgrade the chip's firmware. I know that if it's a WiiKey, I could just make the update myself, but I don't know if it is, which is why I'm volunteering to pay just 5 US Dollars for that (though if the Wii's still under warranty, it's free, which it is).

Thanks for all the help, it has been real good (and it has done me a world of good).

10. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines
    Oh, and one last question. If the chip is upgraded and SSBB finally works, will my bootleg Mario Kart Wii (which experiences Error 001 like the Japanese bootleg of SSBB), also work? I'm downloading a patched one, but I just want to know (because I can't return the bootleg I purchased from Tutuban).

11. jan777

Philippines
    maybe

yun sabi nilang lahat eh

english:

that what everybody said
    ----------------------------------------------------
    san ba u nakatira? ako sa quipo lang bumibili eh

250 update lang ng modchip?!?

12. ponard

Newcomer ponard Member

Philippines
    ok, balitaan mo na lang kami kung ano nangyari.

13. OrcMonkey©

Banned OrcMonkey© Banned

translate please [​IMG]

14. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines
    Tayuman. haha. mga 200 ung update pero libre pag dun binili. Kahit na di ko dun binili ok lang, at least mas maganda kaysa magsayang pako ng kuryente sa pagdownload ng Mario Kart. (Modchip update costs 200 but it's free when bought at the same store, which in my case is true. But I'd rather pay the 200 pesos instead of wasting electricity downloading something I can work by just updating because I already have a copy of it.)

15. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines
    sa linggo balitaan ko kayo. Tnx. (I'll tell you what happens on Sunday.)

16. jan777

Philippines
    san mo pinaupdate?

gusto ko rin paupdate akin eh

in english:where did you get it updated? i want mine updated too

17. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines
    EYO Sales in Virra Mall uhhhm... 3rd floor? Wait, let me check.

uhhmmm, no specific floor, but you can see what the store looks like in the link provided.
    EYO Sales (Greenhills Shopping Center Website)

*UNRELATED*
    @janjo777
    san mo nakuha ung mga wiiware at VC games? Ngayon ko lang napansin haha mukhang cool kasi ung pokemon ranch! thanks

18. jan777

Philippines
    yung mga pirated ginagamitan pa ng wad installer
    ayos lang naman pokemon ranch kaya lang wala ka maiintindihan puro japanese...well sanay na ako dun
    pm kita bawal kasi post ng links eh

akin nalang japan version mo ng SSBB.X...joke hhehehehe

19. kmp091
    OP

Newcomer kmp091 Member

Philippines
    Thx, dude!

20. jan777

Philippines
    ok lang ur welcome