Hacking ssbb displayed as having 0gb in usb loader gx -> freeze

q9wert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey,
i use cios38 rev19 w/ base 57 and hermes v5 with base 38/37/57/60, fw 4.2e and a ntfs formatted hdd.
in the disc menu, the usb loader tells me my ssbb wbfs file has 0gb and when i try to load it, i get a black screen and my wii freezes.
it works fine w/ cfg usb loader though (tried w/ cios 249), so the problem has to come from usb loader gx (tried w/ all cios)...
and i use ocarina cheats for brawl+, if that makes a difference.

any ideas?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It may be NTFS (several reports of not playing games over 4GB when formatted to NTFS - also shows 0GB)

I did not get 0GB but it did refuse to play Deadspace (over 4GB) formatted back to Fat32 and all was working!

q9wert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i wanna stick to ntfs though, since i use it for other stuff too and i dont want to restrict myself to fat32. i have a 20gb fat32 partition though (for installing games), gonna try it on that one, ty.

are there any workarounds for that?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, the Fat32 file system is actually restricetd to 4GB -2Bytes, NTFS file size is only restricted by the volume size, maximum of 2TB.

You can format a single FAT32 volume to 2TB if you use something other than windows to format it. File size will still be restrictred to 4GB -2Bytes though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1