SSBB = Black Screen with Coverfloader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by PopSmith, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009
  1. PopSmith
    OP

Newcomer PopSmith Advanced Member

United States
    So I semi-successfully got the USB Loader to work. I am using Coverfloader and a 1TB MyBook with two partitions, a ~850GB for my PC and 100GB for the Wii.

I can't get WBFS Manager 3.0.1 to see the partition so, for now, I am burning games to Tayio Yuden DVD-Rs and ripping them to the HDD. That problem is for a different thread, however.

My current problem has been with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It seems to rip OK (and the disk is fine) but when I load it from Coverfloader the game goes to a black screen and never actually launches. I deleted and re-ripped the game after cleaning the disk just as a test and still haven't had any luck.

The only other games I have tried, Resident Evil 4 and Wario: Shake It!, successfully run off the HDD.

2. fullstrength

Newcomer fullstrength Advanced Member

United States
    coverfloader won't load ssbb for me either.....usb loader 1.5 runs it perfectly....kung foo panda, star wars unleashed, and iron man won't load through coverfloader without a disk in the drive, and load time is slow for those games....thought id downloaded v5 of coverfloader but when i press 1 on wiimote it says v4.....