SSB Wii U Online / Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by risq, Nov 25, 2014.

1. risq
    OP

risq Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2010
    United States
    Hej,

i plan to buy Super Smash Bros, my firmware is still 5.0.0 E. I blocked the Nintendo IPs via my router, obviously i cannot got online right now.

To play SSB Online, what can i do? Can i update to a certain firmware and how should i do this? What will i loose, is vWii effected in any way by latest firmwares (didnt follow the last months).

thx in advance

risq

2. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    Hi, no you won't lose the Homebrew channel or any CIOS you have on your vWii. The only thing you will loose is the possibility to run the only publicly know Wii U Native exploit that does absolutely nothing good so far (but might in the future).

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    1st you will be required to update to 5.2.0 it's on the disc. than you either update to 5.3.0 or miss out online there are no other options. if you try to go online it will force you to update to 5.3.0 there's no i'll update later option either if you don't update it will kick you off the nintendo network until you do.

4. lonesome_killer

lonesome_killer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    What you need to do is update and play SSB. It's worth it. It's the only game worth playing on a Wii U.

5. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Why does everyone like smash so much? The game is way too fast, I can't see what's going on. It boils down to mostly randomly button pushing and a lot of losing. I'm not in a hurry to get smash.

6. lonesome_killer

lonesome_killer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    It's not fast or random button mashing. It's like any other fighting game. You learn the characters and techniques, and you know the most likely move your opponent is going to be make at any given time. Until a Pokeball spawns, then it's a mad dash for the pokeball.