Squeenix says DQVI is coming soon!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 3, 2008.

Dec 3, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]

"Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride is already out in Japan and we haven’t heard anything about the next Dragon Quest DS remake. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie was notably absent from Tokyo Game Show, but attendees were too busy drooling over Dragon Quest IX to notice.

Square Enix Europe acknowledges the final installment in the Zenithia trilogy in their Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride announcement by teasing us with “look out for the next adventure in the trilogy – DRAGON QUEST: Realms of Reverie™ – coming to Nintendo DS soon.” When is soon? Sometime after spring 2009 when Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride comes out in Europe. North America is scheduled to get Dragon Quest V on the DS a few months earlier on February 17.

Japan got one Dragon Quest DS remake a year so chances are we’re going to see Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie sometime in 2009. Perhaps, Square Enix will give it a speedy localization and release it internationally in 2009 too as a prelude to Dragon Quest IX. While we’re waiting for more details check out these English screenshots of Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride."

Source

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Looks really nice!
    Never played much Dragon Quest, though I loved DQ IV !

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Nice, DQVI has always been a game I wanted to play on Snes, but many translation's teams tried it, and there are a lot of different and incomplete version [​IMG]

I'm waiting to try the DS version [​IMG]

By the way, is it the folowing story from DQV ?

4. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I'm not an expert on Dragon Quest, but I've played enough of the games to know that none of the series are connected story-wise to one another. You will not have to play them in any order as there is no continuity between the games.

5. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    My eyes just fall out of it's sockets..

We'll have 4 Dragon Quests on DS!! It's the best gaming system ever!

6. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    If you use lameboy, you'll have 7 of them! [​IMG]

7. Veristical Blaze

Member Veristical Blaze GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    OooOwwWW!! Good old times, i loved that game finally its coming to DS hope it makes the same good transfer from SNES to DS as Chrono Trigger [​IMG]