Square Enix's Lost Sphear launch date revealed

image.jpeg

Though I Am Setsuna released in July of last year, Square Enix's smaller development studio, Tokyo RPG Factory, plans to create a spiritual successor to the game. Revealed at this year's E3 and titled as "Lost Sphear", it plans to be another "classic" styled Japanese role playing game, with the same watercolor art style that I Am Setsuna boasted. Announced through the official PlayStation Blog today, it's set to release in the west on January 23, 2018, for PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Featured in the latest press release, is Lost Sphear's main cast, and the new 'Vulcosuit' armor, which impacts both battles and overworld travel.

:arrow: Source

S

Saiyan Lusitano

PS4 and now Switch instead of Vita... Seems like Switch is taking over Vita's place in Japan.
The Switch is a perfect substitute for the Vita. Bigger and better screen, Home/Portable gaming system, completely region free (Vita had some region locks in terms of digital content) and the last.. Nintendo exclusives!

Can't wait for Mario Odyssey.

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna wait for reviews, looks a lot like the first one and the gameplay and story were mediocre in the first one. Looks like they modified the combat in this one tho.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
European retailers have it listed so given that The Lost Sphear is getting a hard copy in 2018 there is a possibility.

As the song says "Don't Stop Believing..."

Also Squenix is self publishing this and more than likely they'll overprint a small amount, but I think it'll be made to order/demand and not overprinted, as has been the case with smaller publishers this generation. (smaller print runs = good profit and no stock to keep in storage)

Unless NOE publishes it for Squenix I still don't see if happening. This isn't the sixth generation of consoles where everything and anything goes was published in Europe.

And honestly, how many EU exclusives have been published in this generation that weren't released worldwide that were JPN exclusive before, there's only been a small handful of Namco-Bandai anime based games (Jojo' Bizarre Adv. & Saint Seiya) that were digital only in the US that got disc copies in the EU.

And like I said, it's readily available at a cheap price to import directly from JPN from Amazon for a good price, why not pick it up other than just being stubborn....that makes no sense.

Not sure about your country, but the yen to USD ratio is very good right now to import directly from JPN at the moment. Your call, but I think it's foolish waiting until it's harder to get and then more expensive.

Edit: I saw your thread with your Gamestop links, however each of those as you say are "placeholders" and have TBC (aka To Be Confirmed) which is not any different than Amazon putting up links for a game then removing them. I wouldn't trust those links, I didn't see any other European retailers (nor the biggie Amazon) give me anything other than digital code options. Even Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is something I'd be hard pressed to see in physical since Yacht Club games basically released Shovel Knight on every platform imaginable.

Also, Nintendo hasn't allowed smaller publishers to do smaller runs of games on Switch yet (Limited Run Games and other smaller pubs have tried to release games, yet have been told not yet by Nintendo) while it's nice having hope for something, it's like me waiting for a US physical copy of Fatal Frame on Wii U, it didn't happen, so I bit the bullet and bought the UK version.

Last edited by mario5555,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a