Square Enix Unveil E3 Line-Up

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Jun 4, 2011.

1. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    [​IMG]
    Square Enix have followed EA and SEGA by releasing the list of games they will be showing at this year's E3 conferences. Games they will be showing include big names like: Final Fantasy: XIII-2, a new Tomb Raider reboot, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Dead Island.
    See the spoiler below for the full list of games Square Enix will be showing this year.[/p]
    Square Enix E3 Line-Up
    [​IMG] Source

2. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Only looking forward to FFXIII-2 myself. FFXIII was surprisingly good, despite what the haters may say.

I would be interested in Deus Ex but I have yet to play the originals. I have them on Steam but for some reason they run badly on my PC. I have no idea why as I definitely have the specs for it, they just run so slowly and stuff.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Dead Island too.

3. ZaeZae64

ZaeZae64 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2010
    United States
    Check the flag dumby
    tbh the only one I'm actually interested in is Deux Ex: Human Revolution.
    And I kinda stopped caring about FF alltogether.

4. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Looking at your recommondations, and the ones you did not want to put... "FFXIII was surprisingly good, despite what the haters may say."
    You sure have unique taste when it comes to video games lol..
    That said..

Well, XIII-2 is really the only one to look forward to from Square Enix lol.

5. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    are there some games missing?
    Final Fantasy: versus XIII
    Final Fantasy: Type 0

Kingdom Hearts game (like the new 3ds game)
    Dragon Quest games (DQX)
    Other Final Fantasy

or will there
    are they keeping some games as a surprise

6. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    If you're not good with old games (Half-Life 1 old), don't play the originals. Anyway, I hope XIII-2 is better than XIII. I would say I hate that game, but out of all the FF games I only hate X and XII, and XIII doesn't deserve to be grouped in with those two pieces of donkey turd. I need to play it more before I make a solid decision. It's cheap, so I may buy it.

7. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I'm sure they're keeping some surprises. Final Fantasy Tactics for iPhone wasn't in last year's lineup until it was announced near the final days of E3 for example.
    Also to all the FFXIII haters who keep bashing SE and all that crap, YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THE NEW TEASER TRAILER. Which basically confirms all the things nobody liked about FFXIII are gone (i.e. no towns).

8. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    In the press release they did say these games include. I imagine these are their big shots for E3, they may very well still have surprises and be showing other games but I'm sure these games will be emphasized more.

9. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Where's Dream Drop Distance? :| I am disappoint. Guess we can scrap our hopes for a 2012 release date.

10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    Dungeon Siege III for me and that's it

11. NoOneDies

NoOneDies GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2010
    United States
    No KH No interest [​IMG]

12. TheDestroyer

TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Masterâ„¢

May 5, 2009
    United States
    My Destroyed Village
    This. I can't believe they aren't showing any KH game considering this is their full line up (i.e. no surprises). It's probably the only game that would make me want to buy a 3DS. I've played Zelda OoT a lot of times already. [​IMG] So I wouldn't probably enjoy it as much except its on 3D with better graphics but the story is still the same. But still, fingers crossed for a KH reveal. >.

13. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    They didn't say for which console... [​IMG]

14. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    With all the hype surrounding Versus XIII, I wouldn't be surprised if that was going to be a surprise "look at this awesome shit!" type thing. Once Versus XIII is FINALLY finished, we should start seeing KH3 go into development too (if the information I read was correct). Seriously though, they need to push out Versus XIII. This is taking the most ridiculous amount of time to make. It was announced ages ago. :/

I was also hoping there would be something on FF: Type 0, as this may be one of the last excellent hits to land on the PSP somewhere that isn't just Japan with the release of the NGP imminent.

15. Valwin

Valwin The Neautral Gamer

Banned
    May 11, 2011
    United States
    Puertorico
    FFXIII-2

o please no the last 1 was so boring and generic full

Dead Island

looks intresting and could be fun

16. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    I'm having trouble separating the Square from the Enix on this line up...

17. Chhotu uttam

Chhotu uttam DOH HO HO HO

Dec 6, 2010
    India
    TEH WORLD
    I'm really looking forward to Des EX

18. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    hehe for some, they have already played deus ex but i must say the titles are fewer than the rest. Better quality than quantity.

19. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I think it'll be there. Nomura already confirmed last year that we'd be getting more info at E3 2011. And according to the recent trailer, it was already looking pretty far along in terms of gameplay. Still don't hold your breath for 2012 release, remember how long BBS took? If it's not at E3, it'll be very disappointing. 3DS needs that sort of steam to generate interest in it.

One thing i was wondering was whether it was cancelled. I heard Square Enix cancelled a ton of their in-development games. Was wondering if DDD was among them.

20. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    You just didn't say that.... [​IMG]