Square Enix trademarks "Circle of Mana"

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only Mana I've really played was Children and it was quite crappy IMO. Seemed cheaply made, basically the same thing over and over. And I hated the character design.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when the secret of mana came out; I bought it and then returned it the next day because I thought it was horrible. I think I might have returned it for Chrono Trigger.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when the secret of mana came out , I bought it and then returned it the next day becasue I thought it was horrible. I think I might have returned it for chrono trigger

Doesn't seem like you really made a step up then.

Also, another Mana game? Looks like Square Enix is really circling the drain.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ehh it had better be a ps3 or a ps vita exclusive. I don't wanna buy an iphone for chaos rings for example.
The last games in the series have been for the DS, and only two games in the whole series were in Sony systems, one for Playstation and another for Playstation 2, so it's the chances of it being on the Vita or PS3 aren't that high... Taking into account that, I'd bet on a 3DS or a Wii U game, although it could really just be game for iOS and/or Android.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't need anymore poor Mana games.

Secret of Evermore 2 or EVO 2 please, do the games that haven't been bled to death.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't need anymore poor Mana games [...] do the games that haven't been bled to death.

Neither critics nor the majority of customers seem to mind if a series has been done to death.
gallery_89474_317_77496.jpg
If a series is going to get bled to death, all that matters to get high scores from critics (~9/10 average) and millions of sells to customers is that a game:
isn't the same game over and over.
has a creative and unique storyline.
has premium-for-the-system graphics.
isn't just the developers leeching more money.
doesn't get obsessed with overpriced addons/accesories/merchandise.

.....I got nothing.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow CoD is getting jabbed at again in a GBAtemp topic that has nothing to do with it.

Color me shocked.

Not every game is fucking CoD.

Actualy, you're right, I have no reason to insult CoD, I've never played it more than 2 hours. I changed the picture and modified the comments a bit to a game series I've played 5 games of before quitting due to repetitivity/obvious money leeching issues. It's also a series that Square Enix has touched on.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow CoD is getting jabbed at again in a GBAtemp topic that has nothing to do with it.

Color me shocked.

Not every game is fucking CoD.
If you don't have something nice to say...

My job isn't to be nice, it's to be critical.
Is it now? where exactly do you work? From what I've seen around here(not that you actually work here), it's more your job to be a cynical asshole. I always think about this episode of South Park when reading *most* of your comments.
[yt]yRSYhLn4RCI[/yt]
But that's just me...

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to GbaTemp nowadays!? Back when I joined ('08), there weren't so many people who comes up with these excessive puns! Anyway, never played Mana before; but I might give it a try.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn jumped in here thinking this was a thread about secret of mana turned out to be a troll feeding ground.

I gotta say I'm looking forward to see what square does but I'm not keeping my hopes up since this sounds like a social game.

circle of mana = circle of friends. I'm sure my friends will be looking forward to the pointless txts they get about a cheap pay to play game they will never pick up.

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always enjoyed the "_____ of Mana" games. I used to emulate the SNES ones in my computer class in high school. I still play the one on GBA too.

So I am a little excited for a new Mana title, if a little wary at it being a social phone game.

I was dissapointed that the TWEWY thing turned out to be an iOS game that I can't play on my iPod Touch 4g. I'm sure they could have made it work.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't underestimate the value of a cynical asshole.
For every great game or series, there will always be someone who hates it. And at this point, whenever a new game in a series comes out, I'm always thinking: "okay, what are they gonna do to fuck it up?" Either via gameplay or platform *cough* ios *cough* Android *cough* how will they take this great game and make it shit? Or take a shit game and continue the shit. Being pessimistic, or a "cynical asshole" makes it easier to handle. If it turns out to be shit, I already thought it would be, so no big deal. If its good, then its a pleasant surprise.
Barring all that, I just appreciate cynical assholes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool