Square Enix Trademarks- 774 Deaths, Drakerider, Blood of Chaos

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by granville, Feb 14, 2012.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    [​IMG]

Square Enix has been on a trademark craze lately. Three game titles had trademarks submitted by Square Enix for Europe recently. Their names are 774 Deaths, Drakenrider, and Blood of Chaos. The titles are all we know about them. They could be new games, or perhaps may end up becoming localized versions of pre-existing games or even sequels. Siliconera speculated that Drakenrider might be a dragon rider game, possibly based on the PS2 Drakengard series. They also theorize that Blood of Chaos may end up being related to the Nintendo DS title Blood of Bahamut (an action RPG which never received a release outside of Japan). And then there's 774 Deaths, which they speculate may actually be a localized version of Square Enix's DS horror game Nanashi no Game, or perhaps some sort of upgraded port or sequel. Whichever it may be, Siliconera came to this theory due to the words "nana" and "shi" in Japanese translating to "7" and "4" respectively, and the game certainly involves death (it's about a cursed game that kills whomever plays it within 7 days). There were two DS games in the series, and they've since continued the series on the iOS and Android platforms (so this could also be a plan to localize the smartphone game).

Anyways, no word on what these games could really be or what platforms they'll be available on. We'll likely know more about them soon enough however, so keep an eye out!

[​IMG] Source #1
    [​IMG] Source #2

2. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Hum... It'd be really awesome if they were actually localisations... Seeing as that would probably mean they could localise even more games.
    But I somehow doubt it'll be those localisations and will be some random games instead. =S

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Given the late age of the DS and the fact that some games mentioned tend to be ones that might take a while to translate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was other easier games.

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    If any of those games do receive a localization, how about some better names?

Seriously, "Blood of Chaos"? That sounds more the rejected title for a Slayer album.

1 person likes this.
  5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Also these are trademarks, not patents.

6. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    You're right, thanks. I wasn't thinking.

7. Cheetara

Newcomer Cheetara Newbie

Brazil
    There's any real hope that this "Drakerider" game is the remake of Final Fantasy V for 3DS? Cause you know, they ride a lot of dragons on this game, and the cover is a dragon.

oh well, let's just wait.

8. matt382

Member matt382 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think Drakerider would be a new game. Why copyright the name "Drakerider" instead of "Final Fantasy V 3DS"?

9. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Please tell me Drakenrider is a sequel to Nier.

10. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Despite being amazing, Nier wasn't received very well by the FPS-bloated dipshits general populace, and Cavia couldn't afford good official reviews so it got slammed by sports-game critics pretty hard. With Cavia dying and a few of its devs absorbed into a company I can't remember the name of, it's pretty unlikely to ever see another "Nier" title. Plus what the heck would Drakenrider have to do with Nier.

EDIT: Answered my own question with google.

11. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    D:

I really hope that's not the case :unsure:

I guess it would be nice to have an official translation, but for all that effort we put into it :cry:

Well even if it turns out to be BoB, that's not going to stop me from finishing my work on the project. Not when we've already done so much work on it.

Again, if this were true, it would kind of suck for the team that worked so hard on the fan translation.

But damn, Siliconera's theory sure is compelling.

In fact, the official sites for Nanshi no Game and Nanashi no Game: Me contain the numbers "774" in the URL.

12. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    going by your logic almost every fantasy JRPG should be named Drakerider :P

13. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    If anything it will be a sequel to Drakengard 2 or Nier. Either that or it takes place in the same universe.