Square Enix to re-release Final Fantasy VII?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF7.jpg
For many a year now fans have screamed out for a remake of Final Fantasy VII but Square Enix have constanly fobbed off requests stating it would cost too much money to make it happen, well the next best thing could be happening with a repackaging of the PC version. Square Enix have recently puchased the domain finalfantasyviipc.com and looking at a cache of the site lists new features such as achivements, character boosters and cloud saves (no pun intended), a price is also listed at £7.99/9.99 Euros.​
source-http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://dev.finalfantasyviipc.com/en

Guessing by the new features it could be a steam release, maybe even a GoG release

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so if they have just repackaged it why won't people just buy the older release? it's the same thing anyway and is on physical media and not a digital download, if they added anything new like better graphics and extras to the story then yes it's worth a purchase and they should release it on consoles too.

Reactions: 2 people

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
so if they have just repackaged it why won't people just buy the older release? it's the same thing anyway and is on physical media and not a digital download, if they added anything new like better graphics and extras to the story then yes it's worth a purchase and they should release it on consoles too.
They'd probably make it more compatible with Windows 7, right now it's a bitch to get it running on anything over Windows 98.

Reactions: 8 people

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope Square-Enix considers hi-res pre-rendered backgrounds, better encoded FMVs and non-midi BGM (preferably ogg).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fine, don't give us an ultra HD remake of FFVII, but at least update the visuals and textures and models just a little so it's easier on the eyes.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
A rerelease of the old PC version?
I don't believe you.
The old PC port was a buggy mess, and it's hard to run on current machines. Plus, it looks like a PS1 game and no modern CoD player will buy it if it looks like that

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
FFVII/FFVII
ARE in the steam DB
http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-vii-and-viii-are-on-steam-but-unplayable-204447.phtml (posted about 1 year ago)

so maybe at some point they will be available to buy and paly

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The steam thing mentioned probably will happen siliconera reported a while back that 7 and 8 were on steam. Just where no one could get them.

Pfft, whatever. I'm still waiting for my Chocobo Racing HD remake.
there was going to be chocobo racing 3D but that just kind of went away and no news has ever come of it.

-edit-
freaking ninjas man

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just update the current PSN version to support the analog sticks of the controller and this could be forgotten into oblivion. Sure they'll release a new HD version, but the gameplay could just as well take a few good improvements..

ps. Not to be a pessimist here, but I doubt we'll be seeing a full remake with newly made visuals, models and backgrounds for the game. Especially if the price is going to stay at 9.99€.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse