Square Enix showcases Final Fantasy XV PC tech demo (Not a PC release confirmation)

As GDC 2017 continues on, more game companies put out trailers and announcements for their upcoming plans. Square Enix is no different, as FFXV director Hajime Tabata spoke about the development of Final Fantasy XV during a panel. Afterwards, Square Enix North America's YouTube account put out a video which shows a new tech demo of Final Fantasy XV running on a PC, with a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. (Timestamped at 1:49) It shows off the more detailed graphics that Nvidia's upcoming graphics card is capable of, using Final Fantasy XV's assets. There's no confirmation as to if the game will officially come to PC, but it's obvious that the potential is there.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could name a good amount of things I do not like in FF15, but animation and graphics are not one of them. Hopefully it will see a release on PC later on, it's always nice to see things get ported to it, and most developers seem to realize that there's always money to be made there (or at least after a decent console exclusivity time if they're real scared of piracy).

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I could name a good amount of things I do not like in FF15, but animation and graphics are not one of them. Hopefully it will see a release on PC later on, it's always nice to see things get ported to it, and most developers seem to realize that there's always money to be made there (or at least after a decent console exclusivity time if they're real scared of piracy).

Probably because they are still developing the game. I remember hearing that 50% of the developers are still working on content for the game such as DLC, Niflheim, etc..

A PC port is coming but not any time soon IMO.

---

It pains me that people miss so much when it comes to FFXV. The lore of Eos and the Astrals are AMAZING. The story inside the dungeon of Pitioss Ruins with Ifrit and Eos and why Ifrit betrayed the other astrals then joined up with Ardyn. The connection between the Omen trailer and the beginning/end of the game.

Final Fantasy XV is such an underrated game. People lack the need for depth on story and only experience things at face value. Read the books in the game, observe the painting on the walls, heck even look at Dave's tattoos and you will find a much deeper phenomenal story than ever before.

P.S. The review of Final Fantasy XV on GBAtemp took everything at face value. Didn't even try and dive deep into the true story... It's actually quite upsetting.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably because they are still developing the game. I remember hearing that 50% of the developers are still working on content for the game such as DLC, Niflheim, etc..

A PC port is coming but not any time soon IMO.

---

It pains me that people miss so much when it comes to FFXV. The lore of Eos and the Astrals are AMAZING. The story inside the dungeon of Pitioss Ruins with Ifrit and Eos and why Ifrit betrayed the other astrals then joined up with Ardyn. The connection between the Omen trailer and the beginning/end of the game.

Final Fantasy XV is such an underrated game. People lack the need for depth on story and only experience things at face value. Read the books in the game, observe the painting on the walls, heck even look at Dave's tattoos and you will find a much deeper phenomenal story than ever before.

P.S. The review of Final Fantasy XV on GBAtemp took everything at face value. Didn't even try and dive deep into the true story... It's actually quite upsetting.

I'm not questioning the amount of lore the game has. What really, really angered me is the :"Hey see those big fucking plotholes in the scenario ? See them ?" "Well don't worry they're coming in story DLC, buy our season pass :creep: "
When playing a game I do not want to have to notice an obvious upcoming DLC story part missing when that DLC hasn't even been announced. This scenario butchering practice to make DLC is not new in the gaming industry, and I'll criticize it every time I see it.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All the others have come to pc so this one is most likely to come too. Let's hope this port will be better than the previous ones.

It's funny how a game with a score of about 85 on metacritic can be called underrated. I do understand the reasoning behind the statement, though.

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not questioning the amount of lore the game has. What really, really angered me is the :"Hey see those big fucking plotholes in the scenario ? See them ?" "Well don't worry they're coming in story DLC, buy our season pass :creep: "
When playing a game I do not want to have to notice an obvious upcoming DLC story part missing when that DLC hasn't even been announced. This scenario butchering practice to make DLC is not new in the gaming industry, and I'll criticize it every time I see it.

The only real plot hole was with Ravus and they fixed that. Actually if you watched Kingsglaive there would be no plot hole... Everything is explained in little tidbits throughout the game. Especially about past event years/decades/millennias before the games timeline.

One thing that really explains a lot is the Omen trailer. Gladiolus makes a very deep refrence at the beginning and very end of the game while pushing the Regalia. I don't know if you noticed it but in the omen trailer only Noctis is present not the other bros and King Regis is saying something very interesting to the Crystal.

I guess the whole DLC thing is unfortunate for people who don't buy it but it's not going to change the ending of the game. It may explain more but I don't think there will be any big changes until something like XV-2 or XV 'Noctis Returns'. Not saying anything is announced but Square Enix did say there is an alternate reality and being part of the fabula nova crystallis trilogy and what Tabata did with Final Fantasy XIII, Type-0 and and the lore behind the game. We could be seeing more in the future/we havnt had the 'true' ending yet.

Where people may think there are plot holes is where Tabata goes with 'Metal Gear' type depth in the story. You really need to read between the lines if you want to understand the entirety of the universe. It's a lot to handle and some small parts you need to fill in yourself.

Tabata did say it's not over and he wants to continue developing for the game for a while. Fans are still finding Easter eggs and lore throughout the game.

It's just bigger than you expect.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's just bigger than you expect.
I KNOW IT'S BIG.
I've watched everything. The Omen trailer, Kingsglaive, the anime. It's a reaaaally big lore/plot, I agree dude. But as big as it is, I find it shitty.
And the transmedia is actually bad in my opinion. The idea behind it is nice. The realisation isn't. There's just so much incoherence everywhere.
Example ? Kingsglaive. If you've watched the film, you basically kill all of the doubt about Ardyn's true side for the whole game and wonder "WTF is this guy doing, we know he's the bad guy, get your act together".
On the other hand, if you HAVEN'T watched the film, you're gonna wonder where "Random failed art student" got here and what he wants.
I'd rather see a smaller but more coherent, well-rounded (and finished :creep: ) story than an immense patchwork hastily put together due to lack of development.

Luckkill4u

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I KNOW IT'S BIG.
I've watched everything. The Omen trailer, Kingsglaive, the anime. It's a reaaaally big lore/plot, I agree dude. But as big as it is, I find it shitty.
And the transmedia is actually bad in my opinion. The idea behind it is nice. The realisation isn't. There's just so much incoherence everywhere.
Example ? Kingsglaive. If you've watched the film, you basically kill all of the doubt about Ardyn's true side for the whole game and wonder "WTF is this guy doing, we know he's the bad guy, get your act together".
On the other hand, if you HAVEN'T watched the film, you're gonna wonder where "Random failed art student" got here and what he wants.
I'd rather see a smaller but more coherent, well-rounded (and finished :creep: ) story than an immense patchwork hastily put together due to lack of development.

I don't understand where you get this 'patchwork' other than the Ravus addition. Maybe you can elaborate on that? DLC has been part of games for a while and is inevitable. Everything else is solid as long as you know where to look. The story is very coherent on a basic level but the hidden lore is a bit hard to find.

Your opinion and expectations will differ from anothers and I respect that. This game is Square Enix depiction of the story. I've heard a couple people say it was rushed and hastily put together but I have yet to hear some actual value behind that stance.

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
Given the development cycle of this game... It wasn't because of butchering. It was because the handful of teams that worked on it at various points couldn't keep the plot straight. As it neared deadlines, what resources and areas were in the game had to be glued together with some attempt at making them seem like they were a coherent thing. This is why you have chapters that really just don't fit, boss fights that are little more than a cutscene you press circle through, and some glaring oversights... like how you can't get all the relics until after you beat the game, meanwhile whatever you get plays almost no part in the final sequences. The whole 'quest' is meaningless. Oh, but there's a magic dog that warps you through time to make everything right.

The game is a mess. The DLC is only a bandaid to try and clarify some of the more obvious plotholes while actually contributing very little to the main game. It's like going to a restaurant, ordering a prime-rib, getting back a random assortment of chunks of meat that look unfinished, then being told that for a little bit extra you can buy some mashed potatoes to mush between the chunks to hold it all together. Served by a waiter that is trying VERY hard to be Kefka and failing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: