Square Enix reveals 'Project Athia' title and releases new trailer

project athia.JPG

You might recall a certain Project Athia (Working Title) from the PS5 event showcase last year. Today, the official title for the game has been revealed during the Square Enix Presents event: Forspoken. A brand-new trailer featuring the motion capture and voice actress, along with some gameplay scenes was released for the announcement:

Introducing Forspoken, the new narrative-driven adventure set in a beautiful yet cruel world. Play as Frey Holland, an ordinary young woman who must harness her magical abilities to survive in the fantastical yet dangerous land of Athia./QUOTE]

Developed by Luminous Productions Forspoken is expected to release sometime in 2022 on PlayStation 5 and PC.

:arrow: SOURCE

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Is that a motherf#@#ing dragon?!" Sorry, I'm out. already sounds like low quality woke writing. Does anyone have any class any more?

Same people who worked on FFXV, so not expecting much either. Maybe the gameplay will be good but it worries me that they are making it narrative focused, definitely not their strong suit.

D

Deleted User

Despite the weight of the Publisher for me personally, this is going to be a Square Enix Title I'll also pass.

I have a certain expectation for Titles from this Publisher and the fact that they chose to showcase the profanity in the scant seconds of footage available speaks volumes of the type of audience reaction they were aiming for, which doesn't include me.

This feels like another topical agenda pushed into a game that doesn't need it to actually play well; I wouldn't be surprised if the first DLC is a Japanese actress skin to jump on current Asian racial injustice bandwagon.

Rudy69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I always forget SE bought eidos. Watched the whole presentation live and I was disappointed it was more or less all titles from them. I was hoping for some jRPGs news or something. Mind you it's my own fault for just randomly seeing it on youtube and watching it without researching what it was going to be about.

Karones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"for PS5 and PC" so Sony isn't just interested in bringing old exclusives or having a 1/2 year exclusivity deal, at least not with third parties, hope this becomes the norm.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Is that a motherf#@#ing dragon?!" Sorry, I'm out. already sounds like low quality woke writing. Does anyone have any class any more?
Yeah it also pushed me off so hard. Tho the action bit at the end looked pretty nice, but I don't really understand why they think having « random » people swearing as main characters is cool.
That's why I prefer silent protagonists, or at max one who speaks very very little

I think they chose a contemporary post apo universe with a young adult as a protagonist so they must have thought that she would swear, but I'm really not into that combination. Tho I guess teenagers will think that's good.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
From the people who brought us the lame FFXV, prepare for a huge marketing with endless trailers, followed by disappointment with unfinished game, followed by paid DLCs which is supposed to be included in the main game.

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No thanks, ill pass, the moment i saw her trying soooo hard to sell the game and how it's amazing... No. Sorry no, stinks like one of those heavy rain games, last of us, death stranding etc. 70% cutscenes, 30% manoeuvring the character to activate the cutscenes. Interactive movies.

Last edited by drazenm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: One of the worst games I have ever played