Square Enix release Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age 'Spring' trailer

In anticipation of the upcoming release of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Square Enix Ltd. today unveiled an all-new cinematic trailer introducing the epic adventure that lies ahead in the mystical world of Ivalice.

In FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE, players are transported to the grand world of Ivalice where magic is commonplace and airships fill the skies. War has engulfed the kingdom of Dalmasca, leaving it in ruin and uncertainty. Princess Ashe, the only surviving heir to the Dalmascan throne, devotes herself to the resistance to liberate her country. Accompanied by Vaan, a young man who lost his family in the war, together these unlikely allies and their companions lead the fight for the freedom of their homeland.

:arrow:FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE will be available for the PlayStation 4 on 11th July 2017. For more information, visit: www.finalfantasyxii.com

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Switch and XB1 version incoming.
And if they release them I will wait for an OSX version.
And if that is released, then I will play it when it is on Android.
Because I need to complain! /s

PS: But serious regarding Switch version. And don't tell me it couldn't handle a PS2 game with make up.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sewers under Kislev.

PS: If the whole city wasn't USSR inspired, then I kind of imagined it.
Anyway, i think of all remasters CHRONO TRIGGER or least xenogears would been before like EVERY FINAL FANTASY EVER. They could make it happen, of course perhaps is best if nintendo, monolith soft and square enix team up, but it be nintendo exclusive, otherwise just do solo and it be multiplatform (maybe and not nintendo exclusive) maybe playstation exclusive. :ninja:

Have fun :P

rottensod.gif
redrum.gif
acidfrog.gif
armorgrub.gif
armorwasp.gif
hobgobgrey.gif
armorgrub.gif
mullet.gif
avehsoldier.gif

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wait, so they not call it Final Fantasy XII-2?
It's not a sequel
The character movements appear to jeky , they should be smoother as should the graphics
It's basically the PS2 IZJS version + some changes and with spruced up graphics. They're not gonna change stuff like movement probably.

Last edited by dimmidice,
Reactions: Nisem0n0

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I missed FFXII on PS2 but a friend of mine played it. He liked it enough to finish it, but when I asked him about this, he said he would never go back and play this again haha. Me on the other hand, never played it in the first place. I have, however, played all the tactics games and even a bit of Revenant Wings. I love the world of Ivalice. After my recent romp with Xenoblade 3D, I have really developed a taste for games that have a "light MMO" feeling. Can't wait to try this out finally. I'm glad its not just a straight upres, but the zodiace/international version.

Color me excited.

Been a long time since nintendo had a game on their system worth calling Final fantasy, hope that starts up again with switch.... no I WANT CHRONO TRIGGER HD REMASTER! Also xenogears.... O_O
I don't know... have you played those FF5 or 6 remakes? They look like halfassed RPG maker ports. Now have you played Chrono Trigger on DS? I wouldn't as for too much more. I personally believe that if you were to HD-ify something like Chrono Trigger, you would lose something very very special.

Wait, so they not call it Final Fantasy XII-2?
Why would they? Its basically a definitive edition being brought into HD.

Last edited by BORTZ,

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I've got mixed feelings with this game... hated the MC and how slow the story was but loved the gameplay and the zodiac system made it even better...
Probably won't buy on release date but might consider getting it when around 20-15$

Reactions: BORTZ

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine lol Out of the original 12 FF games its the least "Final Fantasy-ish" in terms of gameplay (Excluding XI that is) But its still one of my favorites to play regardless. I always considered it more of a spin off in the Tactics universe rather then a mainline FF game

Reactions: BORTZ

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they make the game and characters less dull and boring? Cause the original is boring as hell, which sucked, cause I was really hyped for it.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got mixed feelings with this game... hated the MC and how slow the story was but loved the gameplay and the zodiac system made it even better...
Probably won't buy on release date but might consider getting it when around 20-15$
Originally they were planning on having no main character. But then it was shown that people didn't like that. So they added vaan in. He's a bit bland but he's not bad either.

Did they make the game and characters less dull and boring? Cause the original is boring as hell, which sucked, cause I was really hyped for it.
How was it boring? Slow paced sure, but boring?

Reactions: MajinCubyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.