2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    they should've rereleased this on the 3ds

so what was so bad about 8?

3. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Final Fantasy XII was the only FF game I started but never finished. I enjoyed FFXIII and XIII-2 more than it. Never played XIII-3. I got around 80% through the story and just dropped it. I normally try to 100% every FF game I play, but XII had so much stupid garbage in it and boring sidequests that I had to quit. The worst part was needing to equip a special item to get different items from the "chests," or needing to NOT collect certain items or you would be forever screwed out of getting a Zodiac Spear unless you grinded for a .2% drop rate on end game monsters. All these little things made me hate the game.

vinipeix likes this.
  4. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It looks a lot like Xenoblade Chronicles but HD xD

5. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Hahahahaha yet another remaster but no backwards compatibility. Disgusting how they take advantage of some people's willingness to pay up to full price for a bit of nostalgia.

6. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    I was bored out of my gourd playing this the first time around. 5-8 hours in and I just couldn't be bothered anymore. I'll wait for the PC version where I can mod it to go a bit quicker. I look forward to giving it another go then.

7. J-Machine

J-Machine Self proclaimed Pog champion

Canada
    because it's a genre known to do well on pcs and because more play options = a higher saturation point?

8. s157

s157 Grinder Extraordinaire

United States
    I hated it after my 1st playthrough all those years ago due to the characters. Vaan practically has no role in the story, and Penelo even less. But then as I look back to it, it was designed to have you see the viewpoint of what normally is a side character. This is Ashe's story, and you're watching her develop as Vaan for the most part. Still not sure if I like that.

I hope this edition discusses the lore of the espers a bit more, as there's a huge amount of story behind them (revealed in the official strategy guide) that was never explored in the main game (Ultima rebelled against the gods or something like that).

9. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    Don't mind me, just collecting and posting videos of FFXII

10. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Netherlands
    I was busy playing FF12 on my modded PS2 but my laser died so now I have a choice to play a better vesion off that game.
    I hope there will be a disc version off the game.

11. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    So you can stop playing when your laser dies again?

12. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Netherlands
    No, but a broken laser is a known issue with the PS2 fat ;)
    But after the launch of the PS3, I was still playing PS2 games on my modded (matrix Inf) PS2 fat.
    Then after testing God of war II dvd9 rip my PS2 died and don't want buy a PS2 again becase I was try to save money for a fullHD TV and PS3.
    Now I have a fully loaded PS2 to play, but I like to play a better version of a game.

13. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    Fans react to HD Final Fantasy Remasters: ffx hd- "Oh god it looks so awful save us superman. FXII HD- Oh goooooddess this so goood. Lets dooo it Wonder Woman"

This never made sense to me. There has always been this artificial blurriness for everything in ff12 and stands out alot more during cut seens. I see it even more in the HD. Characters shouldn't be looking flat and blur in a FF title after 10. Don't get me wrong, I see the total game play of 12 more addictive then 10. 12s Graphics do have more detail to them but for for what ever reason, the graphics, especially of characters in cut seens have this lack of depth and look blurry...I guess the best way I could put is, the characters look a blur filter has been turned on them and I hate it.

14. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Belgium
    Maybe and this might be a crazy thought, but just maybe those are two different kinds of people.

chartube12 likes this.
  15. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    For some reason my mind appends killer when I read zodiac.

Would have made an interesting, and rather unexpected, spinoff to final fantasy.

chartube12 likes this.
  16. Zaptekmeow

Zaptekmeow Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I played this "Zodiac Version" of FF12 on a Emulator like 6 years ago, nothing special..

17. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    How is ff12 that bad? There are good call backs to 5 and 6 which are best entries, and international version fixed many things and with good translation pack.

18. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    I would have loved to see this game on the 3DS, alas, I am guess there are some pretty big coding differences between this and what made porting Xenoblade Chronicles to the 3DS. About FF8? I think a lot of people were turned off by either the Esper Eqiup system, the draw system, or the fever dream of a story.

I can see why you would think that. I kinda agree, but again. I have never played FFXII so I will have to revise my opinion once I actually play it.
    Funny enough, I think that FFXII is the most "spinoff-ish" of all the main line games. There was almost no main character, the characters don't really impact the story unless most of the others, and there is the whole gambit system...

Last edited by BORTZ, May 9, 2017
  19. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    FF6 has The best plot yet There is no one character that contribute too much. Terra steps down during The second half of The game, so it literally Have no main character.

20. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    FFIII is kinda the same way, your 4 characters are more or less 4 avatars to move the plot along. Kinda weird, imo

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - release, Fantasy, trailer