Square Enix picking up Lost Winds in Japan

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CockroachMan, Nov 14, 2008.

Nov 14, 2008
  1. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Yep, Lost Winds is not in Japan yet.. but it will be soon! Thanks to Square-Enix! S-E picked the title up and is publishing the title on japanese WiiWare this December.

source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=63021

Not really big news considering that everyone around here already played it, but certainly surprising to see S-E doing that.. would be cool if they could do something together in the future [​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Anyone fount that this game got old fast? I loved it at first but later on, I got real bored and everything seemed to be filler.

3. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Like you said, not really big news... good for the Japanese gamers, I guess?

And yeah, I agree with Hadrian. It got old fast, though for a WiiWare game, it was pretty decent.

4. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, read this news over on GoNintendo, but I can't say I'm necessarily pleased by it. I thought the whole idea of WiiWare was to allow developers to bypass the middleman and directly sell their products to gamers. The only thing I can come up with is they didn't want to translate it themselves and are passing it off to SE for that purpose. Kind of a shame, though, since they'll probably have to take a royalty for each sale, rather than get the lion's share (after Nintendo takes a bite). But I guess it's in their best interests to do so.

@ Hadrian: Though I didn't play it much for a few weeks after initially finishing it, I did go back and play through it again. It's definitely one of those games you want to keep in your collection for when the mood strikes.

5. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Yeah, I don't understand exactly why they need S-E.. guess S-E will handle the localization and promotion of the game. I've heard some time ago that many small developers were choosing WiiWare over XBL and PSN cause Nintendo's way of business was the best one for them..

Indeed.. the game gets old fast since it's really linear and story driven.. but overall it's a good game.. I'm waiting for the second part now :/

6. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Aw yeah, I guess it got old. But the charm and atmosphere was just immense. As long as they introduce some new mechanics in the next game, this'll still be awesome in my eyes.

And yeah, a collaboration with S-E could produce some interesting results [​IMG].