Square Enix is trying to get full-fat Final Fantasy 15 on Nintendo Switch

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few short weeks back, Final Fantasy 15 director Hajime Tabata hinted that Square Enix was looking into bringing his game to Nintendo's Switch console, and now we've an idea of what exactly that might look like - even if it's still very much in the planning stage.

There was some speculation that the Switch would get Final Fantasy 15: Pocket Edition, a mobile spin-off that takes the original game's story and delivers it across 10 episodic chapters tailored for touchscreens, but it sounds as if Square Enix is attempting to get a version of the console game running on Nintendo's hardware.

Ah yes, the inevitable speculation about this. But this is great news now that we're hearing the developers are really attempting to put the full experience into the console, to understand the console's limitations and technicalities.

Currently, they are in talks with Epic Games on what to do, such as performances, optimizations, enhancements, etc. Hopefully, things pan out.

Read more here. Delete if false. A lot more content than this post, and it's worth the read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-get-full-fat-final-fantasy-15-on-the-switch

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Ah yes, the inevitable speculation about this. But this is great news now that we're hearing the developers are really attempting to put the full experience into the console, to understand the console's limitations and technicalities.

Currently, they are in talks with Epic Games on what to do, such as performances, optimizations, enhancements, etc. Hopefully, things pan out.

Read more here. Delete if false. A lot more content than this post, and it's worth the read.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-get-full-fat-final-fantasy-15-on-the-switch

This is great news. I hope they manage to bring the entire game over and that it runs well. If they did then, i will buy the game Day ONE!

There is also talk of FF XIV on switch so lets hope that happens too!

More FF on switch is a great thing

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now would be a good time to do the most important thing ever. Chrono trigger REMASTER in Unreal engine 4 with the voice cast of Dragon ball z, and more anime cutscenes directed by the one and only himself, the arranged music with the same guy and, even more content than the NDS one. :creep:

Oh and Final fantasy 4 HD collection for switch. :ninja:

Honestly, how powerful do they thing the tegra X1 is compared to something like PS4 pro or Xbox one X? Last i heard, tegra X1 was just powerful enough to surpass specs of PS3 and xbox 360, which explain why there been game ports of Metal gear solid 2 HD, rising revengence, and Resident evil 5 and other games to the Shield tv. I own Rising revengeance on shield tv and for $15 it was impressive, not to mention shield tv has 4k output, so I dunno. Those games aren't in Unreal engine though so just trying to grasp a idea of what people expect of unreal engine 4 on switch.

Reactions: Zense

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So XV sucks too? :unsure: What was the last GOOD FF game? I haven't played anything past VI.
That would be final fantasy IV :P

But being more honest, even if they was to cram the game on there, is over 32GB on ps4 and xbox one, so to fit on a cart, will definitely require a SD card for the extra content and download updates or even to play the game. I wouldn't buy games i need a sd card to play, nintendo's fault for having a poor storage system for their stuff.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So XV sucks too? :unsure: What was the last GOOD FF game? I haven't played anything past VI.
Personally I think VI was the best one, it goes downhill from there.
Regarding what was the last FF that was good to me, that is FFIX.

XV sucks in some aspects, it is good in some other aspects, but if you were expecting a FF game like me then you will be disappointed.
The game is OKish until Chapter 9, after that it falls apart in the gameplay department.
Regarding characters, character development, plot and storytelling, it sucks hard in all those departments. That is the disappointing part.

D

Deleted-379826

Personally, I mean it is my only FF game, but I thought FFXV was great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1