Italy

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In other news, Square Enix slowly sweeps Final Fantasy Versus XIII under the rug as if it never existed.

I'm pretty sure they steam-cleaned Versus XIII out of the rug a long time ago. The only time I ever hear about it is when people complain.
Alot of people will cry, shout and burn things when they finally release it and it turns out to be shit

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other news, Square Enix slowly sweeps Final Fantasy Versus XIII under the rug as if it never existed.

I'm pretty sure they steam-cleaned Versus XIII out of the rug a long time ago. The only time I ever hear about it is when people complain.
Alot of people will cry, shout and burn things when they finally release it and it turns out to be shit

Yeah, that's why I'm glad they're not doing Mega Man Legends 3.

Reactions: 1 person

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, that's why I'm glad they're not doing Mega Man Legends 3.
Ugh, don't even mention MML3. Crapcom and SE are the worst when it comes to listening to fans.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shit, I stopped caring about Versus XIII entirely. After 6 years, you just lose all anticipation for it.

When (or if) it comes, then yeah, I'll pick it up. Might even get that super deluxe limited crystal edition. But for now, I'm not gonna get aggravated like a bunch of other fans and I'll play other, probably far better, games.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Make me FF XII-2 and I'd be happy. With less emotional crying if possible.

If they release FXIII-3, I'd probably buy it, but I still haven't finished XIII (in the last area) and I haven't even started XIII-2 yet :3

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh god, no.

My gripe with FF13-2 was that it had loads of content but a really meh storyline. Frankly, I didn't care for the characters themselves or if they would succeed. And I don't care what happens to them.

Reactions: 2 people

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Please stop beating a dead horse SE. =(
Most fans of the series didn't like FFXIII, nor FFXIII-2... What could possible make you think they'd like a third nightmare? D:
Now this is just hitting the poor blind man with a stick. =S

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My gripe with FF13-2 was that it had loads of content but a really meh storyline.

Welcome to Final Fantasy. Except the storylines are emphasized heavily for some reason and it doesn't have as much content as a WRPG.
Personally I liked the old Final Fantasy games (especially 4, it's been my fave one since I was 12, Cecil is just so cool) and 9 was pretty good too (although most people will disagree with me, I liked it).

As for the JRPG and WRPG difference, well, it depends, not all of them have much content nor are all of them good, although I wonder what would a traditional jrpg look like if they implemented open world like some WRPG's have like Skyrim and Fallout. o.O

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The quality of FF games varies too much.
For instance, IV and IV after years are my favourite games.
But X and X-2 were annoying, Xiii was ok, Xiii-2 was worse. etc etc

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im going to go ahead and say i though that 13 was not all that bad. Now, i understand that when i pop in a FF game there are things to be expected, and FF13 didnt deliver. However, if you strip the FF title, the games is decent enough to stand on its own two feet.

I welcome a 3rd.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im going to go ahead and say i though that 13 was not all that bad. Now, i understand that when i pop in a FF game there are things to be expected, and FF13 didnt deliver. However, if you strip the FF title, the games is decent enough to stand on its own two feet.

I welcome a 3rd.
you're right, you can't be disappointed if you have no prior expectations, and i'm sure most people expected something like IV, VI, VII or X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night