Square Enix has trademarked Collection of Mana in Europe

sdfsdfsdsdfsdf.png

If a recent trademark is to be believed, Square Enix appears to be bringing the Seiken Densetsu Collection to the west. Released back in 2017 for the Nintendo Switch in Japan, the Seiken Densetsu Collection is a compilation of three titles from the Mana series, as it is known in English territories: Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and the never-localized Seiken Densetsu 3. On May 31st, Square Enix registered a trademark in Europe for a video game under the name of Collection of Mana, which hints at the games possibly making their way westward. If this is true, then we'll likely see an announcement at Square's E3 press conference.

:arrow: Source

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I really hope this will be released in the west. I have a complete boxed copy of SD3, and had to get a lot of adapters before I finally could play it :P So now I have 3 (or 4, I can't remember) region adapters :D

These games really benefit from being played with friends, so that you can maximize the strategy and tactics of buffs and stuff :)

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If a recent trademark is to be believed, Square Enix appears to be bringing the Seiken Densetsu Collection to the west. Released back in 2017 for the Nintendo Switch in Japan, the Seiken Densetsu Collection is a compilation of three titles from the Mana series, as it is known in English territories: Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and the never-localized Seiken Densetsu 3. On May 31st, Square Enix registered a trademark in Europe for a video game under the name of Collection of Mana, which hints at the games possibly making their way westward. If this is true, then we'll likely see an announcement at Square's E3 press conference.

:arrow: Source
Seiken Densetsu 3
That's pretty cool.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are people who want to play the first 2 games on the swtch in english and they cant can they? lol
True, but the first two games have remakes for modern consoles, and could easily be ported separately. Also, the Collection was released in Japan over two years ago. It seems weird to me that Squenix would suddenly decide they want to release the game at this point, unless there's a reason that they couldn't just swap out the ROMs, dummy out one option in the code, and call it a day. Them working on a localization for SD3 makes a bit more sense, especially since it would honestly probably be pretty low priority.

Assuming this actually turns out to be a precursor to a release, and not just Squenix covering their bases or something, I'm hopeful for an SD3 localization.

Square will probably use the fan translation.
Doubtful. They didn't use the existing PSX localization for the DQ7 remake, and that was something they actually owned.

Last edited by bahamut920,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.