Hacking Square-Enix games do not like my R4

shockingalberto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've owned the R4 since about October and it works without fail usually. I never have a problem with games.

The only two exceptions, however, are Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates. FFXII:RW will always freeze in the first few minutes of gameplay (the tutorial against the Flaan) and I just kind of shrugged and moved on. Now FF:CC is having a similar problem. I made sure all cheats are off, FF:CC was patched to prevent the "Thank you for playing" screen - I even tried an unpatched copy and a no-freezing cheat and it still froze.

So, I'm kind of curious what the problem is. Could it be my DS somehow? Odd that it would only happen on Square games. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker functioned fine without a single freeze. I'm a little concerned The World Ends With You is going to suffer the same problem. Any help?

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BakuFunn said:
Try buying a retail cart to see what the problem is.

Nice.............
rolleyes.gif

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure your card is formatted to fat16 with 64k clusters (that fixed my crashes with FF:CC) and make sure the rom is "clean". If you still have problems either your SD card is a PoS or your R4 is crapping out on you but it's most likely the SD card.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Insert your card reader with the microsd card on your usb.
Then go to My Computer and single-click the drive where your card is.
Click on File.
Click Format.
You'll see the selections.

EDIT:
Mine is working fine. FFXII:RW was working, with or without cheats. i didnt even know there were issues occurring about the game in R4.
And FFCC, i just applied the cheat for removing the "thank you for playing" screen and got it working for hours non-stop.

shockingalberto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, that almost worked.

I formatted the card, updating for the newest firmware, and it got a little bit in to the first dungeon. Then I passed through a door and it crashed/froze.

It's a clean rom, by the way. Should I try cheats and then a patched rom, as well?

shockingalberto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SavageWaffle said:
Most of the times its the dump thats wrong. Try finding another dump.
Tried from several different places and several different dumps. Same with FFXII:RW.

WileCoyoteWhat SD card are you using?
I believe a one gig Sandisk. It came with it when I ordered the R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu