Square Enix Europe trademarks “Hitman: Profession”

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Jan 2, 2012.

1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Square Enix Europe have trademarked what seems to be the next game in the Hitman franchise, after 'Hitman: Absolution' which is scheduled this year for PS3, 360 and PC. The next entry will be titled 'Hitman: Profession' if we go by Square Enix's latest trademark for the series, which was registered on the 22nd of December last year.
    Could this be the name of the next project by Square Enix's newly found Montreal Studio, who have already been confirmed to be working on a Hitman title for their first game? It certainly seems like it.

[​IMG] Source

2. Gh0sti

Member Gh0sti iOS Guru

United States
    so wait is this the same square enix who made like final fantasy and kingdom hears just curious

also is square enix eidios part of the same company or are they a different branch?

3. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    I really wanna see how hitman absolution turns out before i get too excited about this. Still if this IS that companys first game then im hopefull they wont stray to far from the near perfect gameplay of hitman: blood money

4. mehrab2603

Member mehrab2603 GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    I wish they made another Legacy of Kain rather than Hitman now that they have Eidos.

5. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Eidos is part of Square Enix, but they have their own projects.

6. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    Blood Money variety of weapons etc... with Contracts missions. That would be the perfect Hitman (or game ^_^).

7. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    We knew it was coming, just no name. Ah well, not really big news. Hitman is a great series, looking forward to it.

8. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I'm interested in seeing what this could be. I'm not sure why, but the Profession part of the title sounds more like the name of an App than an actual game in the series.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing what becomes of this. I've never tried the Hitman series before, but I have heard great things about it. I'm looking forward to giving it a spin with the upcoming game.

9. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    If it turns out to be a game, I hope that's not the final name. It doesn't really sound like a title...or to be more precise, it sounds like the beginning of a title that someone didn't feel like writing the rest of.