Square Enix bringing 3rd Birthday and Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lubbo said:
they are bringing out too many kingdom hearts games in a too short of a time on too many different consoles

Every popular series gets whored out at one time.
biggrin.gif
Though there is a bit of worries because when most companies start making spinoff after spinoff, they don't know when to stop. >_>

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
As much as i love Kingdom Hearts, and would normally be excited for a new game for the DS, Coded is actually the worst in the series by far. It's all filler and answers almost nothing important about the future of the series. Most people who played the previous games will also find the revelations a big slap in the face. I've not yet played it, but it looks extremely bland from the gameplay. Literally 98% of the entire game is completely unnecessary and useless to the plot. Kind of like the worlds in Chain of Memories except even more useless.

However, i am interested in seeing what they do to improve it, and i will try it to be open minded. Don't expect much though. This is likely just a way for Square Enix to cash in on US fans' money and will be a very simple port with little improvement. Apparently the series sells BETTER in the US than Japan, so bringing these games to the US is a profit priority to them. Too bad many gamers will likely be tricked into buying it, while Japanese fans know it sucks.

Yeah I thought so too. I can't believe they're re-re-re-RE using some of the worlds again, I mean, COME ON. Just give us BBS and start KHIII instead of all this filler side story nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I thought the side story stuff was excellent at first too, like how loose threads were fixed using KH COM and 358/2 Days was ok too, but this is just a little silly now.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surpised if KH 1+2 were rereleased with 3 at some point on multiple consoles. Since KH3 is the end of the KH-Sora Saga does this mean Sora dies?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
I wouldn't be surpised if KH 1+2 were rereleased with 3 at some point on multiple consoles. Since KH3 is the end of the KH-Sora Saga does this mean Sora dies?
Never said anything about the Sora Saga actually, it's the Xehanort saga that KH3 intends to end. I won't put anymore spoilers out there, but he's a key character in the series. BBS fleshed out his origins and how he became what he is today. KH3 intends to finalize his story and explain his final plans, whatever they are. Sora may one day fall back from being a main character, but i'm sure they don't intend on killing him off. We may just get to play as another character someday.

@NiGHtS

They are releasing BBS in the US this fall and showing it off at E3. As for KH3, Nomura will have to be the main director and he said he wasn't starting on KH3 until he's done with Versus FF13. It'll be a while. The sooner we get Versus, the sooner we'll get KH3.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple