Square Enix announces Final Fantasy VII 25th anniversary stream for June 16

Square Enix has announced a stream centered around Final Fantasy VII to celebrate its 25th anniversary. According to longtime Final Fantasy character designer Tetsuya Nomura, the presentation will be "short and sweet" at only ten minutes, but he promises a lot of information has been packed in.

There's no word on what will be included, but there are a few things happening around Final Fantasy VII right now. Part 1 of Final Fantasy VII Remake released over two years ago now and there still hasn't been any official mention of Part 2 anywhere. Last November, Square released Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier, a mobile free-to-play battle royale, so we may see an update on that. Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis, a free-to-play retelling of the events of the entire Final Fantasy VII canon (including the original game, the movie Advent Children, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, and Dirge of Cerberus), is still expected to release in 2022, so we'll likely get an update on that as well.

The presentation will air June 16th at 15:00 PDT. You can watch it at this YouTube link or click the video above.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished FFVIIR

I want to believe...

EDIT: "Please be excited." sounds so formal it's hilarious
Same here still havent started the Intermission dlc yet. With the tech we have they could easily remake Crisis Core, but that would probably make alot of folks angry wanting the part 2 of FF7R

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mobile game Ever Crisis is releasing soon, that will surely be a topic.

Should note this is the exact same day when the current EGS sale on FF7R ends. Would be a convenient time to announce the game going to other platforms.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
FF VII Remake finally coming to Gamepass
Let's hope, along with Steam too. Gating it behind the Fortnite launcher for any period of time is almost as moronic as Square's heavy investment into NFTs. For that matter, the two subjects might be related since Tencent Timmy is a big NFT fan as well, while Valve rejects them as an obvious scam.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I really hope this gets FF7R outta Epig hell, but considering Kingdom Hearts never left them i wouldn't keep my hopes up tbh especially since Square doesn't really care about fans if the whole NFT craze is anything to prove. News on Part 2 or on that mobile game is more likely i think.

Reactions: codezer0 and Xzi

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if we will see an update to the FF7R's shit PC port on that day? Something to make it function a little better without 3rd party mods perhaps?

Oh who am I kidding that's not going to happen, this is probably just going to be a glorified NFT reveal...

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering how much SE loves shoehorning time travel into their games, you'd think they would have given the Chrono Trigger series the TLC it deserved.
Oh they have the NFT's ready. Just waiting until they can get the most money out of it.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same here still havent started the Intermission dlc yet. With the tech we have they could easily remake Crisis Core, but that would probably make alot of folks angry wanting the part 2 of FF7R
nha, Square will just announce FF7R will finally land on STEAM after 2 year contract on EGS expire. the annouces more add-on for shitty mobile game.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nha, Square will just announce FF7R will finally land on STEAM after 2 year contract on EGS expire. the annouces more add-on for shitty mobile game.
If thats the case then its not worth the hype. FF7R on steam is just a late decision, since most of the fanbase has already beaten the game on console or EGS. I'd be happy enough if we got more insight on FF16 and KH4(in terms of if FF characters are returning in the KH4 world)

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please for the love of penisessz finish FF7 then go to crisis core ,FF8,FF9 using FF7 Engine(if they have it)
dont go zigzag as New player will easily dont know what they are playing..

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll probably be like that DQ presentation where they announced DQXII which was largely about mobile trash and then some blurbs acknowledging the idea developing some actual games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs