Spyro Reignited Trilogy to release later this year

spyrotrilogy.jpg
Amazon Mexico have supposedly leaked the box art and release date for the recently rumoured Spyro trilogy remaster according to Twitter user @MykonosFan

The collection will be called the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and will include remasters of the original PlayStation games by Toys For Bob - known for their work on the Skylanders series and most recently a port of the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy to the Nintendo Switch.

The remastered games will include:
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
  • Spyro: Year of the Dragon
If the Amazon listing can be trusted, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is set to release on September 21st for $40 USD.

An official announcement of the game is expected to be announced at PAX which is opening today for 3 days.

:arrow: Original Tweet
:arrow: Amazon Mexico listing

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Just saw the trailer.
OH MY GOD ACTIVISION, YOU JUST DID A 180 DEGREE TURN WITH THESE REMASTERS!
IT'S BEAUTIFUUUUUUUL!! :'D

D

Deleted User

No. You said you hadn't mentioned the PS4, and I just showed you where you did :P

I have no interest in anyone's favorite console, or if they're fanboys or not.
good job! you can read! I'm not a fanboy

actually I think that insulting

you have offended me lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm seeing mixed news here is this actually a timed exclusive or not?

Last edited by ,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
from the trailer it states both ps4 and xb1 version will be released in september, im preey sure the switch release will be later due to optimization and such, so im gonna wait and get myself a switch version :P

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the trailer it states both ps4 and xb1 version will be released in september, im preey sure the switch release will be later due to optimization and such, so im gonna wait and get myself a switch version :P
Yup, downgrades and stuff like that takes time, that's probably why they didnt mention a switch version and nintendo will be the one announcing it at a later date.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The later spyro games have more interesting storys but the game plays not that good.
tbh i liked Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly and Spyro: A Hero's Tail, didnt like any of its games after that,dawn of the dragon was okaish the other 2 were crap imo, turning a open world exploring 3d platformer into a linear beaten up game killed the ip.

Yup, downgrades and stuff like that takes time, that's probably why they didnt mention a switch version and nintendo will be the one announcing it at a later date.
yeah i bet crash trilogy will have alot of downgrades... same for spyro considering they use very few recources and game logic... they are just pretier ps1 games even wiiu could play them, you dont see anything a wiiu couldnt pull of on the spyro trailer...

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh i liked Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly and Spyro: A Hero's Tail, didnt like any of its games after that,dawn of the dragon was okaish the other 2 were crap imo, turning a open world exploring 3d platformer into a linear beaten up game killed the ip.
I loved A Hero's Tail, pretty sure I 100% that one when I was younger. Is that one considered bad?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well the remake is cool but yeah i think spyro and crash will be forgotten after this.
doubfull, i remnber a rumour before crash switch was announced where they said crash trilogy to switch and xb1 release,spyro trilogy on ps4 release and new crash game next year.

so far everything has been correct, it wouldnt be that impossible for activision to test the waters with a simple crash game releasing next year.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
doubfull, i remnber a rumour before crash switch was announced where they said crash trilogy to switch and xb1 release,spyro trilogy on ps4 release and new crash game next year.

so far everything has been correct, it wouldnt be that impossible for activision to test the waters with a simple crash game releasing next year.
yeah but these are remakes if they make a new crash game and its bad that could be a problem only the orignal 3 games were anygood

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah i bet crash trilogy will have alot of downgrades... same for spyro considering they use very few recources and game logic... they are just pretier ps1 games even wiiu could play them, you dont see anything a wiiu couldnt pull of on the spyro trailer...
It does have downgrades, stop being a blind dude. Crash on switch has non existing fur, different lighting engine, lack of certain in game effects and missing models (such as when you touch an electric fence, the skeleton model was missing from the switch trailer) and dont make me remember you thar it looks blurrier than on the other platforms.

What about spyro? Did you saw the foliage? grass? Lighting and textures? It will probably be what it happened to yooka & laylee: foliage was downgraded to wii level of assets, the textures were blurry and so was the in game resolution.

YES, the game will be and play the same, BUT in no way it will LOOK the same as the other versions, graphically speaking.

Stop being blind ffs.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

SkylarTheNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon Mexico have supposedly leaked the box art and release date for the recently rumoured Spyro trilogy remaster according to Twitter user @MykonosFan

The collection will be called the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and will include remasters of the original PlayStation games by Toys For Bob - known for their work on the Skylanders series and most recently a port of the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy to the Nintendo Switch.

The remastered games will include:
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
  • Spyro: Year of the Dragon
If the Amazon listing can be trusted, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is set to release on September 21st for $40 USD.

An official announcement of the game is expected to be announced at PAX which is opening today for 3 days.

:arrow: Original Tweet
:arrow: Amazon Mexico listing

Kinda looks fan-arty, but so did N. Sane Trilogy... I'm hype, though :wtf:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It does have downgrades, stop being a blind dude. Crashon switch has non existing fur, different lighting engine, lack of certain in game effects and missing models (such as when you touch an electric fence, the skeleton model was missing from the switch trailer) and dont make me remember you thar it looks blurrier than on the other platforms.

What about spyro? Did you saw the foliage? grass? Lighting and textures? It will probably be what it happened to yooka & laylee: foliage was downgraded to wii level of assets, the textures were blurry and so was the in game resolution.

YES, the game will be and play the same, BUT in no way it will LOOK the same as the other versions, graphically speaking.

Stop being blind ffs.
your comparing a stationary home console with a portable tablet, those thing are minor stuff that make no diference to the end game, same way for any game released on pc, you can call any console version crap if you got a gaming pc...

also using yooka laylee as a comparison.. that is the worst one since the game runs so much better on the switch and even the reviews and critics state the switch version is the best version of the game even has a better score than pc...

so yeah i want every port like yooka laylee lol reducing a minimum detail and improving all else.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your comparing a stationary home console with a portable tablet, those thing are minor stuff that make no diference to the end game, same way for any game released on pc, you can call any console version crap if you got a gaming pc...

also using yooka laylee as a comparison.. that is the worst one since the game runs so much better on the switch and even the reviews and critics state the switch version is the best version of the game even has a better score than pc...

so yeah i want every port like yooka laylee lol reducing a minimum detail and improving all else.
And you are going insane. Yooka laylee got better reviews on switch because it was released with the update patch included in game which fixed a lot of stuff that made a lot of reviewers lose their heads. Reviewers will not go back to a review they already did to just tell about the patch imporvements on the other platforms.

Minimun stuff still downgrading, and being a blurry game is in no way good, untill you have a perfect vision and can stand watching videos on 240p.

Wii u could pull everything what was shown on spyro trailer? THE ACTUAL FUCK?

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Dragon Quest VIII was awesome on the 3DS although I prefer the PS2 version