Spyro Reignited Trilogy to release later this year

spyrotrilogy.jpg
Amazon Mexico have supposedly leaked the box art and release date for the recently rumoured Spyro trilogy remaster according to Twitter user @MykonosFan

The collection will be called the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and will include remasters of the original PlayStation games by Toys For Bob - known for their work on the Skylanders series and most recently a port of the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy to the Nintendo Switch.

The remastered games will include:
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
  • Spyro: Year of the Dragon
If the Amazon listing can be trusted, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is set to release on September 21st for $40 USD.

An official announcement of the game is expected to be announced at PAX which is opening today for 3 days.

:arrow: Original Tweet
:arrow: Amazon Mexico listing

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I love this stuff but my problem is how much longer some ports take to arrive on the Switch. I’ve never played Crash and would prefer to on Switch but it’s still far off.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
this is awesome, this was one of my fav childhood games..
back then i was still living in germany with my fam.

i was playing the game on psx.
i remember flying around alot with that purple lil dragon spyro and collecting diamonds iirc.. XD
it was fun, awesome to see the games being remade.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
still crap they make you buy a playsation or wait a year since all the games after the first free were not playstaion exclusive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do we get a new crash game next year or are they just making these remakes and crash and spyro will forever be dead.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably gonna be a one year exclusive for ps4. Too bad for switch people, but hey, you got other games to keep yourself distracted while you wait a full year for spyro.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope that Spro on boxart isn't the same in the Trilogy
I really can't bear that ugly monster (and fake) Crash in Crash N.Sanity Trilogy (the original for ps1 was countless time better)

Reactions: AdamFX990

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hope that Spro on boxart isn't the same in the Trilogy
I really can't bear that ugly monster (and fake) Crash in Crash N.Sanity Trilogy (the original for ps1 was countless time better)
Well the graphics will look way better your better off waiting for this if you have not played them yet. If you don't have a ps4 though you will have to wait even longer idk if i should get the old ones or wait.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well the graphics will look way better your better off waiting for this if you have not played them yet. If you don't have a ps4 though you will have to wait even longer idk if i should get the old ones or wait.
Meh, i still prefer PS1 version of these classics! PS4 is so useless that require remastered and remakes from the unbeatable PS1?
PS1 Spyro and Crash had more colorful (great and right for Spyro/Crash toon style) while remastered for ps4 have stupid annoying dark tones because ps4 games looks like games for emos; im really tired of that ugly, emo-dark, saturated graphic full of useless visual effects - its ruin every games style (like the no-sense movies now: just a collection of visual effects and nothing more)

And YES, get the ORIGINAL ones!! Do not support these byproduct that aim to destroy the legend behind some titles!

Last edited by Lord M,
Reactions: AdamFX990

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Meh, i still prefer PS1 version of these classics! PS4 is so useless that require remastered and remakes from the unbeatable PS1?
PS1 Spyro and Crash had more colorful (great and right for Spyro/Crash toon style) while remastered for ps4 have stupid annoying dark tones because ps4 games looks like games for emos; im really tired of that ugly, emo-dark, saturated graphic full of useless visual effects - its ruin every games style (like the no-sense movies now: just a collection of visual effects and nothing more)
I think they could make new spyro and crash games next year and this is just to show spyro and crash are no longer dead since there won't be anymore skylanders its back to crash and spyro.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think they could make new spyro and crash games next year and this is just to show spyro and crash are no longer dead since there won't be anymore skylanders its back to crash and spyro.
I hope not; i'd prefer Crash Spyro to be announced "dead" but with their glorious past instead to be ruined on ps4.
Ps4 just follow tendences and its games going developed for hipsters; games now doesn't have a own style like in the past.
Just a clone of each other...

D

Deleted User

Hopefully they make spyro 2 as beautiful as the original.That game has pretty much the best looking worlds.

Reactions: Lord M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt