Spyro: Reignited Trilogy hinted at for Switch once more, official site leaks existence of port

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    It won't come out for PC and Nintendo Switch. Not now that the Switch was hacked.

2. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    10/10 logic right there my dude...

Ritsuki and Xzi like this.
  3. samcambolt270

samcambolt270 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    They must really want us to know that it's on switch, it's on the list twice

4. DiJornios

DiJornios DiJiorno

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Screenshot (24).png

Fake News

5. samcambolt270

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    they could've fixed it. If you check the original picture, you'll see that the background of the dropdown list is unique all the way down, and not duplicated or cloned as it would have to be were it a photoshop job. They either messed with the website code to add those, or its real. Theres no way it's shopped.

6. Prior22

Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    Ape Escape Trilogy. And maybe even a new game altogether.

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't been more aggressive in re-releasing old games in HD. Other than Zelda have they taken any other N64 and Gamecube era games and re-released them in HD?

7. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Another port on switch? Somehow I find it not hard to believe

8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    well luigi mansion is getting a demaster on 3ds with less resolution than even the gc had lol.

the rest yeah, they released some new way to play games on the wii but they all had the same resolution as the gc since wii wasnt hd so yeah only zelda games were hd remastered really.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yeah no idea why ubsisoft hasnt remade the first 3 games imo, re releasing legends everywhere for no reason.

i prefer rayman 2 and 3 more imo.

9. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Exciting! I just hope it doesn't release too much later than the rest of the versions. Before christmas would be lovely.

10. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    It didn't get that much of a downgrade graphically though. It still looks Damn good.

11. Jackson Ferrell

Jackson Ferrell Naked Banana

GBAtemp Patron
    Jackson Ferrell is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 28, 2015
    Australia
    Isn't Persona a spin-off of SMT?

12. Luhof

Luhof Quack qwack I'm a duck.

May 8, 2012
    France
    Montpellier, France
    For Rayman, YES. Rayman games are on so much platform, Rayman 2 is like everywhere, PS1, PS2, N64, PC, NDS, iOS...
    Rayman 3 HD is not available on PS4 and it's a shame. Current gen could really use a quick port of this trilogy.

Earthworm Jim 1/2/3 are on Steam, they aged well (except 3D one imho). 1 even got HD version.

For Gex well I don't know... Haven't played it but for what I've seen it seems a bit clunky ? It would need a full remaster, not really worth it since it was less popular than Spyro/Crash... I think it'll stay "PSX memories" just like Croc... :sleep:

13. munnimann

munnimann Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    Germany
    We live in 2018 now, friend. A 12-year-old could do a photoshop like this. I believe you drastically underestimate the possibilities of image processing. Doing a photoshop like that and getting the background right is really not hard at all.

14. EmperorX

EmperorX GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2012
    Lebanon
    I think the Spyro website was built by modifying the Crash website since they look very similar. They probably forgot to change the options of the drop down list that was on the Crash Bandicoot website.

15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    yah ubisoft keeps remastering rayman 2 and releasing it on ds,3ds and rayman 3 is nowhere to be seen, i loved 3 more than 2 tbh.

16. mgrev

mgrev Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic

GBAtemp Patron
    mgrev is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    Under Tomato Hentai's stairs
    Absolutely totally completely going to get this on switch as soon as it launches.

17. samcambolt270

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In order do that, you'd need to draw a unique background which would have to seamlessly connect to the existing one without cloning or duplicating and they'd have to perfectly match the resolution and noise of the original image. It CAN be done, but no person without absurd skill and time could do that this seamlessly. Especially not a 12-year old. The easier and more obvious fakery in this situation would be editing the element and making the box larger, then shopping the words into it. Now THAT is something a 12 year old could do.

18. Chipidy

Chipidy GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Chipidy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 14, 2018
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Ok
    Probably will be shown at a Nintendo Direct. But Spyro is amazing! Remember playing it on PS1. Handheld version would be perfect!

19. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    That would be awesome and faithful to the original.As a pirate I wouldn't complain but laugh my ass off instead.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Jul 21, 2018
  20. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica