Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got rid of the program and its annoying warnings from popping up, but its affects still seems to occur on my computer. It won't let me system restore, it doesn't let me use some of my spyware removal tools if I don't rename them, and worse of all, it won't let me go to certain sites on Firefox (But for some reason I can get to them on Google Chrome).

Does anyone know how I can recover from this? I've tried Malwarebytes, Adaware Free, Hijackthis, and even Smitfraudfix, but they didn't resolve my issues.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
See, that's the problem. Every file they've listed, they're not on my computer. I've done searches and ran 5 thorough and tedious checks in every folder in my Windows directory, but did not find them. I've manually deleted the registry keys and the sysguardn.exe already, but that wasn't enough so I that's why I used the tools I've mentioned.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hijackthis with spybot search and destroy and a GOOD antivirus should fix it.

f-prot was good, it's been mediocre for some time. if you want to pay, kaskpersky or nod32. if you don't, avira antivir or avg or avast.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried those, didn't work. I've also used Spy Doctor, which detected a few other stuff but deleting those didn't fix the issues either
frown.gif

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seriously, if you really want to be sure to red rid of such stuff.... reinstall. Honestly. Then take measures that you don't get stuff like this.

This might not seem to helpful to you now, but it's a true honest technical answer. I always see threads about removal of such stuff, and only few note that there is absolutely no way to be sure you're not still infected by malware somehow.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reformatting was going to be my last resort. If there was another way to fix this without doing so, I'd rather do that since I have a lot of things I still want to keep, but I'm low on DVDs and my other HDD doesn't have the space to hold them all.

I've removed many malwares/trojans/spywares and stuff without a problem over the years, as well as having a good security measure against them too, but this one is different. It's more complicated to remove because it was made to know that you're trying to remove it, so you can't really open tools without renaming them first.

Search results that I've found (using Google Chrome) don't really help me with the issue, because they only cover what files I need to delete. None of those files exists on my computer, except for the ones I've mentioned in my second post. Yet, my computer is still suffering from abnormal affects and HJT doesn't show me anything suspicious.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're at your last resort now

have you done everything you could? have you tried everything other people have suggested? now it's time to re-format

i cannot believe how incredibly slow you are to take this step. do you seriously have 1000 programs with multiple options that you had to tweak just so? a re-format will do you good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back