Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sprite Editor DS (SEDS) v0.2
Homebrew sprite editing app by Bilou

Bilou has released version 0.2 of his new homebrew appliaction 'SEDS - Sprite Editor DS'. This is a image editing application designed with pixel artists in-mind and also allows for basic image animation. The application is currently limited to image sizes of just 16 by 16 pixels but this is due to change in upcoming releases. An application called 'RunMe' is included which allows you to send and receive image files via Wi-Fi. Instructions are included.[title:SEDS v0.2]History:
Version 0.2: WiFi integration support and updates to the software, support the planks multiple sprites
Version 0.1: support for basic animations, a small palette editor any beast
Version 0.0: it pixelise to save it.
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Home page

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sounds cool haven't seen this homebrew before, the 16x16 limit is a bit restrictive though. I'll have a look as soon as the 16x16 limit is removed.
smile.gif

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real sprite artists do all their work in 8x8 tiles anyway, you wusses.

I haven't looked into this, but it would be really cool if it could output .C files with separate map, tile and palette arrays ready to be included directly into homebrew games without any further conversion.

...word is bondage...

PypeBros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
more-grid-ug.png

new features added. Plan to release 0.3.2 soon. Default edition is in 32x32 for a while, but you can now toggle between 16x16 and 32x32 and select freely which block you want to edit on your spritesheet (constraint on 8x8 steps)

PypeBros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello folks.

I thought you might be interested in this new release: SEDS 0.3.3 hosted by SourceForge.

It features users instruction on the top screen for most basic operations and a decent palette editor (though that one still lacks user-friendly 'documentation' on the top screen).

Please note, too, that the software is not coded by "Bilou" but by Sylvain aka. Pype aka. PypeBros aka. sylvainulg -- me. "Bilou" is the name of the fictional character of the platformer i'm working on:
biwalk-090207-demo.gif
, though i admit the blog's name is confusing on that point.

QUOTE said:
it would be really cool if it could output .C files with separate map, tile and palette arrays ready to be included directly into homebrew games without any further conversion
That wasn't quite the idea because i plan to make this part of an open-source game development toolkit on the DS, so you already have access to the .spr file reader class, but well, i guess i could work on a small perl conversion tool -- it shouldn't be harder than the spr2png script i already have. I also have an online spr2png converter tool, as you can learn on this post

Have fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.