Sprite Editor DS (SEDS) v0.2

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Oct 20, 2007.

Oct 20, 2007

Sprite Editor DS (SEDS) v0.2 by shaunj66 at 11:55 AM (3,890 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Sprite Editor DS (SEDS) v0.2
    Homebrew sprite editing app by Bilou
    [​IMG]
    Bilou has released version 0.2 of his new homebrew appliaction 'SEDS - Sprite Editor DS'. This is a image editing application designed with pixel artists in-mind and also allows for basic image animation. The application is currently limited to image sizes of just 16 by 16 pixels but this is due to change in upcoming releases. An application called 'RunMe' is included which allows you to send and receive image files via Wi-Fi. Instructions are included.[title:SEDS v0.2]History:
    Version 0.2: WiFi integration support and updates to the software, support the planks multiple sprites
    Version 0.1: support for basic animations, a small palette editor any beast
    Version 0.0: it pixelise to save it.
    [​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Home page

2. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Sounds cool haven't seen this homebrew before, the 16x16 limit is a bit restrictive though. I'll have a look as soon as the 16x16 limit is removed. [​IMG]

3. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

sweeeeeet. I hope you can do 32x32 pretty soon

4. Wii_DS.

Banned Wii_DS. ウォリアー

United Kingdom
  5. fristi

Member fristi GBAtemp Regular

Guinea
    cool a sprite editor
    only 16X16 :S

i'll check it when the limit is over 16X16

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Real sprite artists do all their work in 8x8 tiles anyway, you wusses.

I haven't looked into this, but it would be really cool if it could output .C files with separate map, tile and palette arrays ready to be included directly into homebrew games without any further conversion.

...word is bondage...

7. PypeBros

Newcomer PypeBros Member

Belgium
  8. PypeBros

Newcomer PypeBros Member

Belgium
    [​IMG]
    new features added. Plan to release 0.3.2 soon. Default edition is in 32x32 for a while, but you can now toggle between 16x16 and 32x32 and select freely which block you want to edit on your spritesheet (constraint on 8x8 steps)

9. PypeBros

Newcomer PypeBros Member

Belgium
    Hello folks.

I thought you might be interested in this new release: SEDS 0.3.3 hosted by SourceForge.

It features users instruction on the top screen for most basic operations and a decent palette editor (though that one still lacks user-friendly 'documentation' on the top screen).

Please note, too, that the software is not coded by "Bilou" but by Sylvain aka. Pype aka. PypeBros aka. sylvainulg -- me. "Bilou" is the name of the fictional character of the platformer i'm working on: [​IMG], though i admit the blog's name is confusing on that point.

That wasn't quite the idea because i plan to make this part of an open-source game development toolkit on the DS, so you already have access to the .spr file reader class, but well, i guess i could work on a small perl conversion tool -- it shouldn't be harder than the spr2png script i already have. I also have an online spr2png converter tool, as you can learn on this post

Have fun.