Spotting a fake MicroSD

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by cheekydollar, Mar 1, 2007.

Mar 1, 2007
  1. cheekydollar
    OP

Newcomer cheekydollar Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I recently purchased a Sandisk 1GG MicroSD from a seller on Amazon New and Used, and I am a little concered it may be a fake - they also trade on ebay.

Does anyone have a link to a guide, or can tell how you can spot a fake - specifically sankdisk if possible.

My sandink card has a little sticker on thr back which says - made in taiwan - is this the same for other people?

Thanks!

2. Xanikseo

Newcomer Xanikseo Member

United Kingdom
    Does it do everything in the way you want it to?
    If so, who cares if it's fake?

3. joe_gamer

Member joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Because if it's fake...it prob won't last very long.....I guess if you don't care that it'll die on you in a month.....lol

4. cheekydollar
    OP

Newcomer cheekydollar Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Well im still waiting for my R4 to arrive.

And exactly, i dont want it to die on me - it actually looks like they have a website www.emartbuy.co.uk - anyone heard of these geezas??

5. Mchart

Member Mchart GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you bought it, and it was listed as 'bulk', and it was off amazon it most likely is not fake. Retailers get those sandisk 1GB MicroSD's for about 8 bucks, and they sell them for /much/ more. I doubt it is fake. If it is fake, it will be very apparent.

6. audiofx81

Newcomer audiofx81 Newbie

United States
    I have used emartbuy quite a few times, rest assured they sell real sandisk cards, good customer service too, had to send a 2gig MiniSD back once and the turnaround time was great.