Gaming Spotpass on samurai warriors??

Snowy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well today I recieved a message samurai warriors chronicles. This contained an anouncement from spotpass data I should have recieved. But where/what is it?

Edit: after reading it again; how do I download it?? :3

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Snowy said:
Well today I recieved a message samurai warriors chronicles. This contained an anouncement from spotpass data I should have recieved. But where/what is it?

Edit: after reading it again; how do I download it?? :3

its the First DLC for it

apparently they sent out the message before adding it to there download server or something i read

Info :

Historically accurate CHANGE 'em up Samurai Warriors: Chronicles has some SpotPass content on offer today, and every Friday, for the next 21 weeks!

This first update is for a new weapon to use in the game's StreetPass Battle mode, but in the future we'll get entirely new missions, costumes and more (weapons for StreetPass, probably). Huge props to Tecmo Koei for making use of this feature - that glowing blue SpotPass Notification is pretty exciting stuff.

!!!!: the new stage can be accessed via the Secret History (Gaiden) section of the story mode menu.

Samurai-Warriors-Chronicles-9-e1301929074736.jpg

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Looks like I ordered the game at just the right time. The game already had legs; now it's guaranteed to keep me busy for a good, long while.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
believe you have to get so far in the game, but i wouldnt worry about missing it
i thinking just having the message will just unlock the data on the card

How far? I'm only in middle of part 2. Haven't played it in ages. XD

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I got it too!
QUOTE said:
New SpotPass content #1
Hello there! Thanks for playing SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles.
Are you up for another challenge?
Try out some new downloadable content, available now!

Stay tuned because we have more content coming soon!

[Opt out of notifications for this software]
[Opt out of all notifications]

No sign of the actual content appearing in my game though.
I'm some of the way through Part 4 and have 2 Gaiden stages already unlocked.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read carefully ppl, this update only gave us a new weapon(that is not yet downloaded onto our DSs) and in the following weeks every Friday we will get more stuff. NEXT WEEK we get a Gaiden stage.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonkid6 said:
If you read carefully ppl, this update only gave us a new weapon(that is not yet downloaded onto our DSs) and in the following weeks every Friday we will get more stuff. NEXT WEEK we get a Gaiden stage.

Yeah, and from what I've read elsewhere, the weapon is only available for StreetPass duels.
unsure.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I found the little blue light on again this morning.
Here is the content of my second SWC SpotPass notification:
QUOTE said:
New SpotPass content #1

Hello there! Thanks for playing
SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles.
Are you up for another challenge?
Try out some new downloadable
content, available now!

VERSION UPDATE:

This time we are giving you a new
weapon. There are no special
attributes to it but it is a powerful
Level 10 weapon so it is great for
combining it with other weapons
via Weapon Synthesis!

Stay tuned because we have more
content coming soon!

Unlike last time, this time there's a blue dot on the SWC game icon too.
I'll report back with my discoveries of what happens inside the game.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it seems they fixed the DLC, you go inot Network then Battle and there your Spotpass team does a proxy battle which you can then receive the lvl10 weapon with no stats, win or lose. After which you go to acquire weapon and it will be selected. Then you just complete a stage and pick it up in that stage.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
dragonkid6 said:
Yes it seems they fixed the DLC, you go inot Network then Battle and there your Spotpass team does a proxy battle which you can then receive the lvl10 weapon with no stats, win or lose. After which you go to acquire weapon and it will be selected. Then you just complete a stage and pick it up in that stage.
Thanks for that info. I was wondering how to activate it.
I lost my battle against SpotPass
frown.gif

I have him registered as a rival now. He's a male Level 7 Warrior and he has played for just under 15 minutes.
He has no items equipped and his weapon is the default too.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
So does it actually download or just activate what's on the cart?

From what I've read elsewhere, it's actually downloading content. And since the game requires you to grant access to the SD card in order to utilize SpotPass, that would make sense. I'm guessing it's storing everything there.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Nollog said:
So does it actually download or just activate what's on the cart?
In the case of this New Weapon event it's functionally identical to a StreetPass event. The only data downloaded would be the name of the team, battle message, stats of the character and stats of the weapon. No new game resources this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released