Hardware SpotPass light stuck on dim red

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed that my 3DS console's SpotPass/StreetPass notification light is stuck on a dim red color. It's nowhere near as bright as any normal notification is, and it's stayed stuck on that same steady, dim red color for at least an hour now.

I've rebooted twice, and have had my 3DS plugged into the charger for the last half hour, without any change.

I was playing Bravely Default on my Gateway 3DS card right before I noticed this happening. Don't know if that has anything to do with anything. Also, my regular system NAND keeps notifying me that an update is available, even though I updated my emuNAND last night to the newest firmware.

Anyone know what's going on with this light?

Thanks for any assistance.

D

Deleted User

Is the WLAN still on in your SYSNAND? I still remember it being on after creating the EMUNAND and updating it. Just had to go back and disable it.

Not sure if Streetpass can notify you of updates. Though if WLAN is on, it could of picked up a free wifi node and maybe notified of update.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it can't be that. It's happening both on emuNAND and regular system NAND.

I deleted all of my internet settings from my normal system NAND already.

D

Deleted User

Did you have Streetpass enabled? I know BD uses streetpass for villagers.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but the light is never red. It's either green or blue, depending on whether it was SpotPass or StreetPass. The only time I see the light turning red, it's when the battery is dying. and my battery is completely full.

Also, oddly, it seems to be accelerometer-related. It goes so dark I can barely see it, if I leave my system alone for a few seconds, but the second I move the device, the light becomes much brighter red.

Never seen anything like this before.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Unrelated to your problem, the LED turns orangeish when someone from your friend list is connecting to the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yes? Interesting way to get Hi