Homebrew Spoof Smash 3ds to Wii U

Monado_III

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be theoretically possible for someone to make homebrew for the 3ds (in 3dsx form) that would spoof the signal the 3ds Smash sends to the Wii U Smash so you could use the 3ds as a controller on Smash4 without owning the game?

edit: sorry if the title mislead anyone.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Would it be theoretically possible for someone to make homebrew for the 3ds (in 3dsx form) that would spoof the signal the 3ds Smash sends to the Wii U Smash so you could use the 3ds as a controller on Smash4 without owning the game?

edit: sorry if the title mislead anyone.

Yes, but it probably will not happen.

Reactions: Monado_III
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

There was something similar for Pokemon Battle Revolution on Wii, you used your DS as a controller for multi-player but I think it required a copy of Diamond or Pearl even though you could use rental Pokemon from the game itself rather than a team from your game card.

No one ever bothered with homebrew for that either since if you could run homebrew you could also just grab the ROM and use that.

Reactions: 2Hack

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As someone who actually owns both games lemme tell you using the 3DS as a controller is 1) ****ing uncomfortable, even the gamepad is better and 2) rendered almost entirely unusable on a competitive level because of all the latency

Reactions: piratesephiroth

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS should have been a Wii U controller option right off the bat, I sure hope they do it with their future console, because they toyed with the idea on the GBA with the Gamecube, and it worked well, and tthen the Wii U gamepad is almost a handheld on it's own... So I cannot understand why they wouldn't update both firmwares to support such a simple and much-appreciated feature.

Monado_III

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As someone who actually owns both games lemme tell you using the 3DS as a controller is 1) ****ing uncomfortable, even the gamepad is better and 2) rendered almost entirely unusable on a competitive level because of all the latency
Still, I only have three Wii U compatible controllers, if I want to have more than three friends over and play smash I'll need another controller and since they almost all have 3DSes I could lend one or two of them my copy of Cubic Ninja temporary as they are all on 9.2 with me.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
He says there's latency.. Lol. Everytime I play my brother I use my 3ds. No noticeable latency here. I prefer it over the gamepad. Now, if you mean online? That's a different story, even though you can use it as a gamepad online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone