spoof samsung m28 as hitachi 59

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by cheatmaster5, Dec 24, 2009.

Dec 24, 2009
  1. cheatmaster5

Member cheatmaster5 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2009
    United States
    I have a xbox that has a hitachi drive with the laser going out and a spare samsung drive. How would I spoof the samsung to work in the xbox with the hitachi, I got the OFW to the hitachi drive.

thanks in advance
  2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I hope you have the keys for all the drives saved somewhere but back on topic:

The days spoofing should be no more difficult than making a normal hacked firmware:
    In jungleflasher open the hitachi dump or hacked firmware (something to get the keys) using the load source firmware button on the right hand side.

Open the samsung iextreme using the open target firmware.
    Press spoof source to target and it should automatically do it.

If you want extras click manual spoofing (as you are probably aware there are about 10 different versions of the hitachi and I am not sure how good the manual detection is) where you can select whatever drive you like.

In firmtool simply use the dump or iextreme with keys of the hitachi drive as a source and the hacked firmware for the samsung as the base firmware you are hacking, it will be something like with names changed to whatever you have.

firmtool hitachi.bin samsung.bin

I will also mention http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=698506 at this time.