Status
Not open for further replies.

[Sponsored] Get the most intuitive editing software VideoProc for FREE

proc.png

ENTER FREE GIVE AWAY: https://www.videoproc.com/video-editor/free-video-editors-software-review.htm

How to Compress and Edit My 4K Videos for Sharing to YouTube?

During the coronavirus outbreak, you can check top video editing software and enjoy all features in VideoProc V3.6for free.

4K video production and sharing used to be the sole preserve of experts, but now everyone's doing it. A lot of devices, including the iPhone, DJI, are capable of shooting videos in 4K resolution. Though we may not really know the benefits of 4K recordings, we would still swap over to shooting at that large resolution, and get the itching to share those sharp contents in one way or another. YouTube goes with the stream and allows us to share videos at 2160P, 4K. And very often, we need to edit and convert 4K videos before sharing to YouTube.

What is 4K Video?

4K video comes with 4 times the quantity of pixels than that of HD 1080P videos. More pixels mean more details, and more details refer to more sharpen picture quality. Therefore, it’s very valuable to shoot at 4K resolution if we want to retain the stunning moment of a journey. However, those benefits are making the process of editing and sharing 4K videos on YouTube a nightmare:

- The high CPU usage is one of the most frustrating roadblocks we may encounter in a 4K editing workflow. Our computer needs to work substantially hard to cope with this whopping 4K file.

- It also takes longer to upload to YouTube. Even uploading a short length of 4K video, the wait time could be a burden. Things would be worse if you are under a bad network connection.

- After upload, the 4K contents looked very noisy and pixelated. Many details are missing.

Does the editing and sharing of colossal 4K videos have to be that hard? After poking around the internet, I discovered an extremely simple recipe to make everything easier. All we need to do is installing a lightweight 4K-capable processing software, and VideoProc is the best bet. This top-rated professional video software allows me to edit and compress any types of bulky videos as easy as falling off a log. Before the detailed steps, let’s have a look at what kind of 4K videos are favored by YouTube.

YouTube 4K Videos Guideline

- File container: MP4

- File format: H.264 (Video) + AAC(Audio), 128kps (Audio bitrate)

- Frame rate: 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 frames per second (also support other frame rates)

Note:

YouTube will compress the bitrate of the loading 4K videos to 23.1Mbps.

The uploading and encoding take a long time. A 60-minute 4K video (30fps) takes around 4 hours to be successfully uploaded.

The Tool I Choose

I’ve used many video editing apps, including some free video editing software - from Avidemux, iMovie, Shotcut to Openshot, and VideoProc is one of the most useful. It enables me to edit and resize large recordings for uploading to YTB as well as switch 4K YouTube to MP4. I can use this novice-friendly yet powerful 4K video processing software to edit high-bitrate and high-frame-rate videos in HD, 4K or even 8K resolution without taking up much CPU usage. Take a look at my 4K editing workflow by using this decent editing software:

How to Fast Edit and Compress 4K Video for Sharing to YouTube?
After launching VideoProc, click Video > +Video, and then select the 4K videos that we’d like to share on YouTube.

1. Choose Target Format

We can directly apply the app’s preset for YouTube content.

1) Click Target Format > YouTube Video.

2) Select MP4, and move the quality slider to the right, and then click Done.

2. Trim / Cut / Split Video

VideoProc offers us flexible ways to reorganize our clips. To take Cut as an example:

1) Drag the 2 green knobs, what’s in between will be saved.

2) Repeat the process to cut the other several sections.

3) Drag each cut section to rearrange the sequence.

3. Compress Video

Sometimes, we need to compress the video before sharing it. We can click the blue gear icon on the top of the selected output format.

vp1.png

1) Adjust the Bitrate to 24Mbps.

YouTube displays all 4K videos at bitrate of 23.1Mbps. Therefore, we can compress videos by changing its bitrate from 45fps or higher to 24Mps or 23.1Mpbs without causing further quality loss.

2) Convert H.264 to HEVC

HEVC is higher compress efficiency than H.264. Generally, we can shrink half of the size by selecting HEVC as the output video codec.

3) Downscale the Resolution

Select 1080P as the output frame rate to decrease size by three-quarters. We don’t have to post everything in 4K. The fact is, limited by bandwidth, most of us won’t watch 4K videos with our phone unless we download & save YouTube 4K Video to iPhone.

4. Make Further Editing

vp2.jpg

VideoProc is well set with complete video editing toolkits to help us polishing video:

1) Effect: click Effect, and then select the desired filter effects among the 24 options.

2) Rotate: click Rotate, and then select the tab to rotate the video left/right, and flip-up/down.

3) Subtitle: click Subtitle, and then hit Add subtitle file to import the local ASS, SSA, SRT file.

4) Deshake & Denoise: these two options come to the rode when I edit GoPro 4K video.

5) Watermark: click Watermark > Enable watermark. The logo can be a picture, timecode or text.

5. Export the video

Tick the option box of Nvidia/Intel/AMD and Use High-Quality Engine, and then hit Run. By doing this, VideoProc can take advantage of the GPU acceleration tech to speed up the processing speed 47x faster than the real-time play with a very low CPU usage.

In general, if you are not ready to get used to Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro's "complexity", VideoProc is a proper choice to allow you to experience steady and fast video editing with GPU acceleration supported.

:arrow:VideoProc Official Site

Last edited by T-hug,
Reactions: Mama Looigi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr