Gaming *spoilers* what are your thoughts on the darker side kingdom?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does linear mean? :rofl2:
a video game with linear gameplay will confront a player with a fixed sequence of challenges: every player faces every challenge and has to overcome them in the same order. A nonlinear game will allow greater player freedom than a linear game.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's supposed to be linear, it's the final challenge. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. The level itself was fine and decently challenging, though there were a few annoying parts... but it gives you so much HP. You get 6hp at the start, 6hp at the Sphinx and then 6hp at the Bowser parts, plus some individual hearts scattered around. Compare that to 3D World where you got 2hp for the entire level, or maybe 3 if you brought a powerup from another level (I don't quite remember what getting hit did to powerup state in that game). Parts of it are just completely tankable.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, the hardest part was the part where you have to capture the lava bubble. I kept hitting the edge of the hole you jump out of. I could have one-shotted it if it weren't for that and the fork sections

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a lot of fun and a good challenge except for that one part where you capture the bird and you had to go up the moving planks. I could get through the rest of it without a single hit and when I got to that bird part I fell into the void every time.

Last edited by rileysrjay,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, it sends you back to the beginning no matter what part your on iirc.

thanks for that, I kind of figured it would but nice to know in advance..... I am not quite as far as that in the game yet, still at mushroom world but will be there soon enough

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for that, I kind of figured it would but nice to know in advance..... I am not quite as far as that in the game yet, still at mushroom world but will be there soon enough
Yeah, I figured that out the hard way. Also, there's a couple parts that are pretty frustrating if you haven't mastered some of the different capture moves yet
Particularly using the bird to scale walls, capturing the forks very quickly when flinging from one fork to another, using the lava bubbles, and using Yoshi's tongue on walls

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys quick question for you..... I have just finished dark side and got the crown and suit, is it 500 or 550 moons to be able to access darker side ?

Thanks

Reactions: kop365

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.