Gaming SPOILERS Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion

UXSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, that's gay! I hope they find a way to rip it. But I'm glad I sold my Wii modded with a WiiKey back last year and got another one 2 weeks ago and installed it with a D2CKey right away.
smile.gif
I hope it really is just a double layer disc and not a new protection. I was really looking forward to this game but they keep delaying it for the US! Now I got no other choice but to pirate it
wink.gif

Going to sleep now, hope I see a working dump tomorrow for D2C Wii's and maybe the D2B Wii's also.

Late.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The orignal disc cant play with wiikey?

That would be the worst news ever!!!

Do you think there is a possible work around?
There's always work around. If that new protection is true, it could be that it's because of the update on the disc or just because it's dl-dvd etc. Just need to find a way to bypass the update. Or just new modchip firmware. :/

leeharris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow I don't think this is a new protection. I think Nintendo got the hint when SMG's protection was cracked within a few days. They probably spent many resources trying to develop that protection and it was beaten so fast. I'm not saying Brawl won't have the SMG protection (it would be easy to just copy over, a lot of Wii users can't update their chips), but a new one is unlikely IMO.

TC!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First up people need to calm down until all this stuff is confirmed, take a deep breath and look at the facts of what has happened before.

It sounds very unlikely that an original game can't be played with a wiikey installed. If that is the case then I'm sure the wiikey group will just release a config disk which can temporarily disable the wiikey completely. More likely is that they will spend some time fixing this issue and release a fix for this game just like they did for SMG.

PAL users, like myself, we are going to be shit out of luck with this Japanese release. I don't have any information on this game but looking at previous Nintendo releases we will probably have to wait for the US version. Why do I say this? Well if the Jap and US versions where similar then they would have released them together, no need for a delay. We just have to pray the 60Hz US version works on PAL. My worry is it might not, we haven't got a few weeks extra to wait like SMG, right now we have no release date at all which makes me think they have lots of work to do. But it worked for their last huge title so we may get lucky.

Final point, why does nintendo put on this kind of protection when wiikey writers can fix these things so quickly? I think they may be hoping for groups like wiikey to stop providing updates.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiikey website is offline...

EDIT: Sorry, I am not freaking out. I am very calmly just stating facts. I was involved with all of the SMG so I know stuff can work. But A new type of disc and no more wiikey website, doesnt sound like good news.

CaptainDreadful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wiikey website may be offline, but it doesn't mean the team is gone. Either way, isn't the Wiikey open source? So another group could easily fix the problem.
wink.gif
There's ALWAYS a way.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
is the wii even capable of reading DL DVDs?
if they truly have a new form of protection like this, i feel like i bought my cyclowiz for no reason. good thing i haven't installed it yet.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks...

No It just humord me that there where three people on this page saying calm down dont worry. And they joined today. No offence ment, just thought it was strange.

Deebuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
More bad news

"
New protoction of [Super Smash Bros Brawl]
After we experienced the war of SMG , once time we think everything is going better and we can have a wonderful future.
(Never mind , just murmur...)
But now , the Nintendo seems lunch a whole new protoction on Super Smash Bros Brawl again!

The JPN original disc already can be get in TW yesterday (with a not normal price - cost 30% MORE!!).
And by some forums , the test result is

1.LG-8164b can not dump the ISO out.
(so now all BT/ED iso are all fake!)

2.The "original disc" can not be played if u installed WiiKey v1.9G on DMS/D2A/D2B.
(Throw out a frame say the disc can not be recognized.)

3.Now only one chipset can work fine with this original disc is D2C with D2Ckey.
(Sorry , I don't buy the game , so I can't offer the result of yaosm.)

btw , the read side color of the disc is gold. Someone said it might be D9 disc.
(This still not be confirmed bcs all DVD-Rom can not recognize the disc.)"

Looking at a google translation of the 2ch brawl ripping thread

the game is definitely dual layer (they took a picture of the disc, and the data side is gold), and the problem is that the current ripping methods ignore the second layer, creating a disc that will not work.

also, the original does not boot in a wii with a wiikey unless you have an on/off switch built-in.

the original does work on a d2ckey.

Source?
wink.gif

rodberg

Trophies
XP
Country
wiikey isnt open source afaik. but d2ckey is made by the same team, so they are not gone.

why dont we wait until some real facts surface before we start to worry, we've waited for over a year for the game, a few xtra days aint gonna make any difference.

on a side note, does anybody know if an imported game will work if the .iso dosen't ? (f.ex no more heroes doesnt work on PAL, but if i buy the game in USA, would that make it work ?.. i have Wiikey)

/rodberg

CaptainDreadful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I mostly lurk here...but you know, gotta break the ice somehow!
biggrin.gif

The source of the above info is from 2ch, which is about as reliable as 4ch...which is :|. You know...

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[offtopic]
If your not posting spoilers or stuff "about" the game as apposed to hacking or why the game hasn't been dumped go to one of the other MANY topics regarding this.

Stop flooding this topic with unnecessary crap.
[/offtopic]

keep the images coming guys and gals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...