Gaming Splatoon is another Wii U budget game? Seems that way.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
splatoon-wii-u.jpg
Splatoon is scheduled to release this year on the Wii U as a brand new IP with the ability to use amiibos and in terms of controllers for Player 1 it's strictly GamePad-only while Player 2 can still play with the Wii U Pro Controller.​
The UK retailer The Game Collection has the game on pre-order for £27.95 which in Dollars converts to $41.40 so it's very likely that this is yet another budget game. Makes sense because it'll sell better that way than charging £32/$60.​
Regardless, I won't be pre-ordering it even for a low price. No Wii U Pro Controller support for Player 1 no buy.​
Edit: Another UK retailer this time GameSeek has Splatoon on pre-order for £25.00 so that even below the $40 price point completely ($36).​

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Considering there'll be three amiibos of Splatoon that's paywalls right there which keeps from the game having all of its original content intact but as long as the multiplayer and story mode's good I suppose it won't be too bothersome. However, if it's like on Mario Party 10 which locks 1/3 of its game modes it could be pretty annoying for those who've pre-ordered it.

Reactions: thorasgar

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good. I was worried about the content in this game. $40 is a good price for a fun online mode and some single player distractions.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Those that enable the scalpers are even worse. Coughnintendocough.
Making 3000 Gold Mario amiibos really is vouching for the scalpers' rather than the fans out there who'd love to get one for their collection, shelf or just use. Then again, to use it then just go with the other two Mario amiibos already out.

what story and online modes are you talking about?

Single Player:

Multiplayer:

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Strange, I though they would have the intention to build a strong IP from this, maybe the single player mode is not that fleshed out like I though.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Strange, I though they would have the intention to build a strong IP from this, maybe the single player mode is not that fleshed out like I though.
The multiplayer without voice chat looks like it'll be a mess for those who'll want to play the game coordinated and play to win (no one likes losing a match, frankly). Sure people could use Skype but not everyone's willing or have a device able to use it plus Miiverse? That's worthless for communication as even PM's don't show an alert on the Home Menu.

Reactions: 2Hack

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
40 dollars isn't bad. I'm loving these budget games!
  • Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
  • Mario Party 10
  • Mario Maker
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Splatoon
Meh, of this list only 2/5 (Splat, Maker) are actually worth giving a try on the Wii U. Mario Maker could've been a 3DS/Smartphone game but Wii U's doing so badly that Nintendo will just shove the less fortunate games to it (not saying Mario Maker's a bad idea for a game but not exactly for a home console).

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Even if this is a budget game, it sure looks like it has more promise and longevity than any other budget game Nintendo have released this generation.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Even if this is a budget game, it sure looks like it has more promise and longevity than any other budget game Nintendo have released this generation.
Yeah you're right, Splatoon at least looks like a much better game than the other crappy budget title Nintendo's dumped so far.

I'll be giving Splatoon a chance because for £25 ($37) it's okay-ish.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The multiplayer without voice chat looks like it'll be a mess for those who'll want to play the game coordinated and play to win (no one likes losing a match, frankly). Sure people could use Skype but not everyone's willing or have a device able to use it plus Miiverse? That's worthless for communication as even PM's don't show an alert on the Home Menu.

How would you even ask people for skype ids?

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good, I wouldn't want to spend 60 bucks on it any way. This way I just might pick it up. Don't care for coordinated play since none of my friends will be playing this game, but yeah Nintendo needs to fix their crap "friend system" etc.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
How would you even ask people for skype ids?

Like Laudern suggested, via Miiverse private messaging or just a public Miiverse post.

Good, I wouldn't want to spend 60 bucks on it any way. This way I just might pick it up. Don't care for coordinated play since none of my friends will be playing this game, but yeah Nintendo needs to fix their crap "friend system" etc.

Don't you mean 60 Euros?

People buying games in UK have better luck than those dealing with Euros because some European countries sell them at the same price as if it were in US, i.e, $59.99 = 59.99€ regardless of the actual price conversion. And even worse they sometimes have it being sold for 70€.. only 30€ away from hitting 100€. lol

I've just checked to make sure and Netherlands uses the Euro and the Dollar... Why the hell does Netherlands use two currencies? :mellow:

Anyway, I wish Portugal and Spain wouldn't have changed to use the Euro but it's done and what they've gotta use.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having played the game I say it's absolutely worthwhile at $40. It's immense fun and the controls are actually excellent (though I do think they should roll out classic controller support).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning