Spirit Tracks Story Revealed *spoilers*

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Spirit Tracks Story Revealed *spoilers*
IGN reveals new artwork and the storyline for Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks.
First, a little backstory: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is the direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. If you played that game, at the end of the adventure you set sail for New Hyrule. Well, in that journey apparently the pirates did land at Hyrule – they just hit undiscovered land, set up the stakes and called the area Hyrule. Pretty convenient.

Spirit Tracks takes place 100 years after the events of Phantom Hourglass. Apparently in the land that’s now called Hyrule, the inhabitants had to deal with a vicious Demon King. In the timespan between the two games there was an epic battle and the spirits of the land helped take down this evil being. Though they couldn’t kill the beast, they could muster just enough strength and energy to subdue him with chains and shackles and bury him underground. The shackles, extending the land of Hyrule in four different directions, became the Spirit Tracks, and the surrounding community used these tracks as transportation railways.

The game opens up with you, as Link – an apprentice railroad engineer – off to Princess Zelda’s castle for a graduation ceremony where the honor of Royal Engineer will be bestowed onto you by the princess herself. As she rewards you for your service, she slips you a note, warning of the suspicious Chancellor Cole, and to take a hidden path and meet her in secret. She requests your help in investigating the mystery of the vanishing Spirit Tracks – she’s restricted to her quarters, but needs your help sneaking out of the castle to figure out why the Spirit Tracks are mysteriously disappearing all over the land.

Read the source for the rest of the storyline.

Source

Contributed by avengedZC

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong, but I think in the one of the original NES games, it was explained that when a "new" princess is born into the royal family, it is decreed that she must always be named Zelda. Or something like that. But that doesn't really explain Link or any of the other characters in the game that have the same name...

A common theory is that each new generation of character is actually a reincarnation of the previous ones. Unless they are specified as the SAME character (like Ocarina of Time-to-Majora's Mask or Wind Waker-to-Phantom Hourglass). I myself kind of think this is true. Few of the games really fit 100% together unless you realize that the characters are different entities. Of course, they generally have the same personalities in the games (with some exceptions like Zelda in Wind Waker and PH).

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always wondered how can Link live that long... Seriously? 100 years later? Maybe it's some future incarnation of him I guess.

Wankare

Trophies
Website
wankare.deviantart.com
XP
Country
stab244 said:
I've always wondered how can Link live that long... Seriously? 100 years later? Maybe it's some future incarnation of him I guess.

remember that they found a new land ...
who knows what happened to the old link and the old zelda
but they're descendants (who loo exactly like them) were able to re-incarnate them
in this story ( This Link is a mechanic in training)
and i guess that this Zelda is the older Zelda's Great grandaughter and inherited the same face and clothing XD ( i guess Tetra married someone...)
laugh.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
stab stop giving away spoilers! =<

Also I seriously laugh when I saw Link as an apprentice railroad engineer because for a hero of time to do something so unethical from his previous incarnations, this one really takes the cake.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
From various sources of information (One being SSBB), most games feature various incarnations of Links, or others may be part of an alternate universe, I hope this clears things up for alot of people.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroEXE93 said:
Awesome, no more annoying, repetitive Ocean King dungeon. This will be a buy for me then.
smile.gif

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Reread the last paragraph of the FULL article. Personally, the Temple of the Ocean King didn't bug me very much (I found it to be a nice way to tie everything together and it was damn satisfying to finally kill the Phantoms).

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
I could be wrong, but I think in the one of the original NES games, it was explained that when a "new" princess is born into the royal family, it is decreed that she must always be named Zelda. Or something like that. But that doesn't really explain Link or any of the other characters in the game that have the same name...

You could technically explain Link's repetitive name away as an easter egg. You name him in every game you play, so from a canon point of view the character himself appears but never with a fixed name.

(Just playing devil's advocate...)

EDIT:
Nintendo's put up even more info.
http://www.spirittracks.co.uk/

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Pretty cool storyline.Very interesting.Now it finally makes sense why they have a train in this one.I am really glad they added the staircase in the Temple.The constant backtracking was really boring.Really want to play this one!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs