SpillPassPi - Version 9.2.0-20U - NintendoZone Connects, No Streetpasses

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Maximilious, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Maximilious
    OP

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Hey Guys,

So I just found out about homepass and had a Raspi laying around so I figured Lets give SpillPass a shot! I initially had some issues with the hostspot configuration since it uses the nl80211 driver out of the gate, but I've fixed that to work with my rtl817xdrv driver instead by modifying the needed files, but I digress.

I can connect to my hotspot now and I changed my SSID to use the NZ@McD1 network instead of attwifi. I can connect to both attwifi and NZ@McD1 just fine, browse the store, etc. On NZ@McD1 I can even connect to the german nintendozone which was my reasoning to switch the SSID as a test, but I've never once gotten a streetpass over the homepass. It seems it shouldn't take that long and I verified the SpillPass has the correct rotation mac addresses in its file - I've even though of adding a few more or removing a few to test but it seems everyone uses the base 0-100 addresses.

Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone think of something else to try? Should I give up and set this up on my PC instead?

2. qq99pp00

qq99pp00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    How can you connect to the store and nintendo zone? what password do you use?

3. Maximilious
    OP

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I do not have a password set, and please read the setup notes for any HomePass - NZ@McD1 is the Nintendo Zone SSID in Germany. You can connect, but NTSC models will not be able to do anything.

4. Maximilious
    OP

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    As an update I dug out a Linksys WiFi card I bought earlier this year and installed it in my desktop (Windows 8.1). I followed the instructions for windows here:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/#Windows7

Everything works except - No Streetpasses!! My 3DS is connected to my Wifi Card on attwifi, I have a second NIC shared with my WiFi card and I can access the internet and Nintendo Store from my 3DS. I'm also using MacPass 2.0 and have verified it is correctly changing the MAC of my WiFi card by issuing an ipconfig/all. I also see my 3DS go offline and back online during the address change. I upped the cycle counter to 90 seconds as I noticed my DS was only connecting for maybe 20-30 seconds before the address would change again.

I'm not sure where else to go here - The only thing I can think of would be that the latest update broke Homepass. I do see when the connection flaps to change the address there's a new green StreetPass signal that shows up where the internet icon exists. Did Nintendo put this in place to get around Homepass perhaps? Does anyone have a Homepass working with the 9.2.0.20U update?

5. Maximilious
    OP

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    As a second update I changed the SSID from attwifi to NZ@McD1 and I was getting streetpasses all day yesterday! MacPass eventually locks up and I have to restart my computer, but that's a seperate issue. See you guys out there in Streetpass!!