OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Recently, Activision announced. new Spider-Man game.
This new Spider-Man game is called Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

It's suppose to be a free-roam game, you'll be able to ignore missions, and you can join up with some Marvel super-villains!

It will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Wii, Nintendo DS, and the PC.

Teaser:

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WOAH SHIT!!! That is the most awesome trailer EVER!! This could definitly be the true "Ultimate Spiderman!!" Just want Venom plz.

PSP version FTW!
Hope the wii/ps2/psp versions aren't made by the faggots at vicarious visions this time. Go treyarch! And I hope the psp version isn't delayed 2 years like SM3 was...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The gameplay "choose how you play" is a first for a Spidey game. Generally, despite open worlds in recent games, they tend to move in a linear fashion. This one seeks to change that, apparently. Also, here's hoping for the ability to play as Peter Parker. I really like the idea of being able to sneak into a dark alley, change into Peter Parker, and walk around the city taking photos, etc.

The trailer itself, I don't really care for as it's just one big cutscene. It shows us nothing of the actual game.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason... I'm not interested, hell I wasn't even interested in Spidey 3!, and he is my second favorite Marvel Superhero

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
The gameplay "choose how you play" is a first for a Spidey game. Generally, despite open worlds in recent games, they tend to move in a linear fashion. This one seeks to change that, apparently. Also, here's hoping for the ability to play as Peter Parker. I really like the idea of being able to sneak into a dark alley, change into Peter Parker, and walk around the city taking photos, etc.

The trailer itself, I don't really care for as it's just one big cutscene. It shows us nothing of the actual game.
But...BUT...But...but...
BUT ITS BADASS!! I mean new york is like ****ing destroyed by some web looking shiz!!

Oh, and IMO, spiderman games go like this
SM2>USM>SM3>SM1>Side Scrolling stuff>>SMFoF

P.S. I want playable Doc. OCK!
And vulture, and mysterio, and kraven, and kingpin, and venom, and goblin, and...

OMG! They should make a free roaming civil war arc videogame that lets you play as anyone.
(the captain america ending would be really sad)

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
shadowboy said:
Oh, and IMO, spiderman games go like this
SM2>USM>SM3>SM1>Side Scrolling stuff>>SMFoF
Well, In my opinion the best and most epic Spiderman game was the first one in PSX, it was awesome and was the first really succesful Super hero game that started the whole super hero game trend, besides, the final enemy is the awesomo!

After witnessing what Friend of Foe was AND Spiderm-Man 3 for PlayStation 2, I don't have much faith in Spidey videogames anymore.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've been going down hill for me, I really enjoyed Spider-Man 2 (console ones not the horrid PC one) and Ultimate Spider-Man but the ones that followed reeked.

I hope for good things, I would hope that Activision would do a EA and try to get some respect back. As for a DS version, would be great if it was more in line with the PSX/DC games.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
When a game is announced to this many platforms.. you know it will suck
tongue.gif

Best case scenario: PS3/360 game will be meh.. Wii/PS2/PSP will suck hard, DS version will be a sin against nature!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...