Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Spider-Man: Homecoming, S&M: Far From Home, S&M: No Way Home, S&M: Sweet Home Alabama...

Awww fucking yisss, the Doc Ock from the best Spider Man movie ever. Noice.

And that was Green Goblin's grenade in that one scene, you can't tell me otherwise.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Kinda sounded like Willem Dafoe too
Well, IMDB says he's in the cast. He was pretty good as the Green Goblin. The mask was a mistake, they should have just painted his face green and let him ham it up. Wasted opportunity really.

Reactions: Tarmfot

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One of the movies that will need tie-in tv shows... On Disney+, no doubt.

And can't get shake the feeling that Disney doesn't consider SpiderMan a main character, as he has to be accompanied by another main character. Far from Home was the outlier... But still needed Fury and Mysterio.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And can't get shake the feeling that Disney doesn't consider SpiderMan a main character, as he has to be accompanied by another main character. Far from Home was the outlier... But still needed Fury and Mysterio.
It's unavoidable, if they didn't at least mention the rest of the MCU everyone would be like "but where was this guy or that guy or that girl or those other peeps while this major world-threatening event was happening, huh? Huh?" and that's why solo movies have to either have lame no-stakes villains and crises to explain why nobody else jumped in to help, or have to take place in outer space or alternate timeline or whatever. And then everyone is still like "is that it? Last movie they faced the end of the universe, this movie he's fighting a mad furry bank robber. Laaame."

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, IMDB says he's in the cast. He was pretty good as the Green Goblin. The mask was a mistake, they should have just painted his face green and let him ham it up. Wasted opportunity really.
Totally wasted considering it was probably his face that made them cast him as Goblin in the first place.

Reactions: Tarmfot and Veho

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's unavoidable, if they didn't at least mention the rest of the MCU everyone would be like "but where was this guy or that guy or that girl or those other peeps while this major world-threatening event was happening, huh? Huh?" and that's why solo movies have to either have lame no-stakes villains and crises to explain why nobody else jumped in to help, or have to take place in outer space or alternate timeline or whatever. And then everyone is still like "is that it? Last movie they faced the end of the universe, this movie he's fighting a mad furry bank robber. Laaame."
There's quite a lot of lore for Spiderman without resorting to the MCU. I understand they had to start the multiverse thing, but Wandavision had a better storyline to go through (with the help of Loki), instead of Dr Strange making some weird mumbo-jumbo about a superhero kid with no privacy.

We had two great starts, with timelines and parallel universes, there was seldom need of making Spiderman a dead center event. It actually betrays the character a bit. He is one of the most light hearted superheroes around (until his comics divorce, at least)

It's like slapping what will happen on the forehead of the viewers, lest they are braindead.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haven't seen a spiderman since 3 (regretted that as well) and equally did not see the last avengers film either (only saw the first because I was on a plane and had nothing else to do). Not bothered at all by any of the newer ones and have seen nothing to convince me I was missing out, indeed quite the opposite if the various film review shows I otherwise generally agree with are correct in this instance.

This however looks like it might just have some promise, and alternate universe spiderman stories in the cartoons (probably comics as well but I have never really bothered with anything there, though I know they form the basis of a lot) were often fun even if I doubt we are going to get into the really wacky stuff here (cues from the legion tv show spiderman multiverse with TV series style Madame Web... that I would probably go to the cinema for, even if it would be me and a few dozen actual spiderman fans only).

All that said I am not sure why he is trying to live a normal life as it were after being outed. I imagine it would suck but there are plenty of ways to either live apart, disguise, wait for a new flavour of the week or similar.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just my two cents:
Finally the Spiderman movie we deserve.
Garfield is to me the best Peter followed by Cardboard cut Tobey.

I can't wait for the next two trailers revealing Garfield and McGuire separately.
:yay:

Last edited by JuanMena,

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Spiderman

hpcover.jpg

Pokemon
7cd732224b6e389f4d1a3655e8f23e4af1adb4c340c82d0a3ed731d69eba2407_1.jpg

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Reactions: Veho

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Going for a reversal of my previous post. Not going to be rushing to the cinema for that one.
Not even sure I will catch it eventually (granted I have not been to the cinema in many years at this point).

I would wonder if they can pull off that many villains as well (especially without the barest hint of a teamup), not to mention it is possibly kind of a bold choice presuming the cinema going types of today will have that much memory of the good two. No kind of menace, no kind of threat I cared anything about, suit looked awful, set pieces did not look so bad even if I doubt I will remember them...

Could possibly have seen it way later as a double bill with the new Dr Strange but that appears to be in reshoot hell so not expecting anything from that either.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to clarify, I found it overwhelming in a bad way. It was a total mess. Hopefully, it was just a badly cut trailer, but if the movie is actually like that then I think it's going to be a big disappointment. Why can't they just make it about the main character instead of trying to shove the MCU into every movie?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Having a hundred named characters worked in the Avengers and barely anyone complained, so they're comfortable with having that many characters in a movie and hoping for the best.
Most of the villains have had their establishing movies already (avoiding the need for an origin story, which usually ruins the first movie in any franchise), and now thanks to the magic of THE MULTIVERSE the movies didn't even have to be in the MCU! They wanted the Sinister Six, and had to have someone to break the universe too, hence Strange. So the movie is getting kind of crowded, but since all characters are familiar and no time needs to be wasted on introductions, I hope everyone will get their own moment.
But it's true that Marvel movies are suffering from the same problem as the comics, in that all characters have to inhabit the same universe and simply can't have standalone stories.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended