Spider-Man for PS4 has dethroned Batman: Arkham City as the best-selling superhero game of all time

JCyWQcz.png

Last year, one of the most-anticipated games to launch was Insomniac's Spider-Man game. It was a PlayStation 4 exclusive, and became a major system-seller, being one of the 2018's best critical and commercial video game successes. And according to the American market research trackers, the NPD Group, Spider-Man is still going strong. As of the latest NPD report, Spider-Man PS4 has overtaken Batman: Arkham City to become the highest-selling superhero video game of all time in North America. This feat can be considered as rather impressive, as Arkham City had multiple releases on various platforms, while Spider-Man has been a single-system exclusive game. Amusingly enough, the top-10 superhero games all feature either Batman or Spider-Man in some way, with Arkham Knight and Asylum, LEGO Batman, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, The Spider-Man movie game adaptations, and Injustice all ranking on the list.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Nah I doubt it, and doesn't need to be anyway. It's an incentive for people to get the console to play exclusive games like this.

Also I do have this game and it's definitely up there as one of the best. I still play from time to time since I've yet to finish the last two DLCs.
Depends on who you ask. Owned a PS4... Didn't like the experience. Not even a good game like this or Bloodborne could keep me on the platform. Then you've got the diehard haters. The fact that it did this well on a single platform is astounding.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And even so, is not the best Spiderman game ever made.

The popularity of Homecoming has probably helped.

Not to mention how cheap basic models became compared to the pro version.

Is it worth to get a PS4 Pro or not?

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
And even so, is not the best Spiderman game ever made.

The popularity of Homecoming has probably helped.

Not to mention how cheap basic models became compared to the pro version.

Is it worth to get a PS4 Pro or not?

I can't think of any Spider-Man game that's better, even 2 as it improves upon everything.

The Pro is definitely worth it, but only if you have a 4K HDR TV. If not, it's still good but I wouldn't in such a scenario personally.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can't think of any Spider-Man game that's better, even 2 as it improves upon everything.

The Pro is definitely worth it, but only if you have a 4K HDR TV. If not, it's still good but I wouldn't in such a scenario personally.

You definitely have not played them all then.

Does the Pro load games faster at least?

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
You definitely have not played them all then.

Does the Pro load games faster at least?

Then tell me, what do you say is better? I haven't played them all yes. But I did play 2, Web of Shadows, Shattered Dimensions and the two amazing spiderman games.

Yes it does, but I believe you could do the same with the regular model if you just install an SSD (not counting CPU/GPU factors).

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on who you ask. Owned a PS4... Didn't like the experience. Not even a good game like this or Bloodborne could keep me on the platform. Then you've got the diehard haters. The fact that it did this well on a single platform is astounding.

Funny, because I'd say the complete opposite. I usually find myself playing multiplayer games (at least these days) but Spider-man, God of War, and especially Bloodborne (My favourite of the souls series) are the only games in which I'd gladly play as a single player. I'd go as far to say Bloodborne is without a doubt my favourite PS4 game. There's also games like Shadow of the Colossus which used to be my favourite back in the old PS2 days.

Regardless it's quite an accomplishment coming from a single platform compared to a game that used to be on multiple platforms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi: