Spider-Man for PS4 has dethroned Batman: Arkham City as the best-selling superhero game of all time

JCyWQcz.png

Last year, one of the most-anticipated games to launch was Insomniac's Spider-Man game. It was a PlayStation 4 exclusive, and became a major system-seller, being one of the 2018's best critical and commercial video game successes. And according to the American market research trackers, the NPD Group, Spider-Man is still going strong. As of the latest NPD report, Spider-Man PS4 has overtaken Batman: Arkham City to become the highest-selling superhero video game of all time in North America. This feat can be considered as rather impressive, as Arkham City had multiple releases on various platforms, while Spider-Man has been a single-system exclusive game. Amusingly enough, the top-10 superhero games all feature either Batman or Spider-Man in some way, with Arkham Knight and Asylum, LEGO Batman, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, The Spider-Man movie game adaptations, and Injustice all ranking on the list.

:arrow: Source

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe one day they can port it to Steam :P
Nah I doubt it, and doesn't need to be anyway. It's an incentive for people to get the console to play exclusive games like this.

Also I do have this game and it's definitely up there as one of the best. I still play from time to time since I've yet to finish the last two DLCs.

Reactions: atoxique

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get it today the fighting and webbing is contender for best ever in a game
I just have so many things unplayed or unfinished, adding another to the pile is dangerous lol

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe one day they can port it to Steam :P

Just watch it become an Epic exclusive. Just. Watch.

I know, more Epic-bashing, but where PC ports are mentioned, Epic is simply a topic that cannot be merely avoided considering how many former Sony "exclusives" (mostly David Cage games, but now a version of Tetris previously exclusive to PS4 is coming to the platform) are coming to the platform.

Also, I love that Deep Silver, the same company that made Mega Man fans cry on prom night, is backing EGS.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't imagine how even bigger the game would had become if it was multiplat with pc included.

Sony may have been more concerned about using this game as an incentive to sell PS4s than just game unit sales.

Obviously they want to make money from games, but if this made people buy PS4s then they may consider that the bigger prize e.g. further game sales, ps+ subscriptions, accessories, etc.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Sony may have been more concerned about using this game as an incentive to sell PS4s than just game unit sales.

Obviously they want to make money from games, but if this made people buy PS4s then they may consider that the bigger prize e.g. further game sales, ps+ subscriptions, accessories, etc.
Yep pretty much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1