Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I felt that the last Spider-Man game was pretty damn good and a step in the right direction for the video game series. Also the Wii version was the best, more variety in gameplay and also it had a better graphical style making it more akin to the comic universe than just shiny shiny graphics on modern HD games...but whatever here are some details of the new game for the Nintendo consoles.

"3DS

- Results will play out pretty much identically in the Wii/3DS versions
- Games will have the same content
- 3DS version will look very similar to the Wii game
- Each time period will have its own screen during story sequences
- Beenox says the 3D effect won’t be overblown
- 3D will be used to enhance certain moments, like heightening the thrill of 2099?s free-fall sequences

DS

- Developed by Other Ocean (Dark Void Zero)
- Side-scrolling action
- unique art style and feel
- Swap between the present and 2099 at any time to control those periods’ heroes
- Spider-Man of 2099 might encounter a locked security door, destroy it more easily in the past
- Different locations than the 3DS/Wii versions
- Daily Bugle offices in present-day NYC and a Cyber Gaming Arena in the year 2099 are some locations
- At least two bosses not in the other versions: Rhino and Shocker"

A bit of a shame that the 3DS and Wii versions are practically the same, seems to be the way things are going but at least its not the same as the DS game just like that shit Griptonite Green Lantern game.

I find the fact that Other Ocean developing this rather than Griptonite to be a more than welcome change. Griptonite have churned out what seems to be the same game over and over since Web of Shadows, not just for Spidey but for most of their titles. Their game quality has gone downhill. Hopefully Other Oceans attempt will be more retro-y and abandon the last two games gameplay style. Really liking the time element, reminds me of Oracle of Ages and Day of the Tentacle and how you used characters in another time to fix things in the future.

Source

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's just saving costs, Wii and 3DS will be the same game in terms of graphics, content, etc, but only differ in having a 3D abillity or a motion control.

Is there any footage available on the web yet for either version? Not interested in the DS one though
tongue.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No shit, of course its that! Just a fucker that they're both so close in terms of specs. Hoping that will change when Wii U is out.

No media at all. Not interested DS version? Well I reckon that could be the best version.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
any spidey game is welcome, that's one of my favorite hero

i liked most of Ds game so far but this is a new dev.. i hope to see more about it soon

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey wait are we going to see more Wii to 3DS ports? I hope not, developers will get lazy, some will be like 'why not just port this game on the 3DS or the Wii' as they quite similar in the way they handle stuff.

Not really interested in Spiderman.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully the DS version will be like Web of Shadows/Shattered Dimensions, both of which were really fun.

I know a lot of people criticized the PSP for having "ports" of console versions but they honestly weren't terrible. I don't see much reason to get the 3DS version over the Wii one honestly but I'm not gonna whine on them for doing that.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Hopefully the DS version will be like Web of Shadows/Shattered Dimensions, both of which were really fun.

I know a lot of people criticized the PSP for having "ports" of console versions but they honestly weren't terrible. I don't see much reason to get the 3DS version over the Wii one honestly but I'm not gonna whine on them for doing that.
Why get the Wii one over the 3DS version?

QUOTE(Hadrian @ Aug 13 2011, 02:26 PM) No shit, of course its that! Just a fucker that they're both so close in terms of specs. Hoping that will change when Wii U is out.

No media at all. Not interested DS version? Well I reckon that could be the best version.
Maybe, but only when Wii u completely over shadow it.

Why would the DS be better?

Both seem like a good game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:

You can play it on a console with the possibility of better controls on a bigger screen. I don't really see myself wanting to play Spiderman on-the-go. Or in 3D. Plus the Wii version will probably have better graphics (not a whole lot but definitely noticeable).

P

pasc

This Game seems kinda interesting... for 3DS.
I don't regret selling my Wii back in the days and purchasing a 3DS now.

Maybe I should get a Wii/U another day, but for now ?
No need.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pasc said:
This Game seems kinda interesting... for 3DS.
I don't regret selling my Wii back in the days and purchasing a 3DS now.

Maybe I should get a Wii/U another day, but for now ?
No need.

Make that a Wii U imo. The only reason I'm holding on to my Wii for now is Zelda Skyword Sword. Other then that I'm eagerly awaiting the Wii U.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm kind of excited for the DS game. I really liked the last couple of Spider-Man DS games, so I have kind of high hopes for this. I know it's a different company developing, but I'm still hoping for something as good as the past couple of DS installments.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"Swap between the present and 2099 at any time to control those periods’ heroes"?

I've always loved the whole "two versions of one world" mechanic. This sounds awesome.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I like that the 3DS version and the Wii version will be very alike.
I wonder from a gameplay perspective, will the Wii version look better with the better models or will the 3DS version look better with the better lighting?
I hope it doesn't suck.

If Other Ocean's game turns out to be similar to Griptonite's previous games, I'd say the DS version will probably be more fun to me.

KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:

No offense but that's a pretty dumb question provided the fact that the two versions are almost the same.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Why would the DS be better?
I really enjoy what Other Ocean did with Dark Void Zero and also their upcoming War of the Worlds game looks brilliant. I mean they took a great existing story and turned it into a Flashback/Another World style of game which to me would suit it perfectly.

They did "Duty Calls" which was a free Call of Duty parody made to promote Bulletstorm.
[youtube]eE_msAKWdOs[/youtube]

That's pretty much how the post WWII CoD series are to me when I play them.

QUOTE(Ikki @ Aug 14 2011, 03:12 PM) If Other Ocean's game turns out to be similar to Griptonite's previous games, I'd say the DS versioun will probably be more fun to me.
It won't they're going for a different style and feel. They're also incorporated a sort of time travel aspect in the game where you can switch back and worth to solve something in one time zone that you can't in the other.

I really wasn't into the Griptonite Spider-Man games, they were pretty generic MetroidVania style titles to me, pretty much seen the gameplay over and over in other titles in the past. They were a major let down after their excellent Spyro GBA title. Levels didn't seem well made either but whatever different strokes for different folks and all that crap.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
You can play it on a console with the possibility of better controls on a bigger screen. I don't really see myself wanting to play Spiderman on-the-go. Or in 3D. Plus the Wii version will probably have better graphics (not a whole lot but definitely noticeable).
The graphics and controls are really nothing, but speculation at this point, so I can't really say nothing 'bout that.

But that reason why to take the 3ds version since it on-the-go and maybe the fact it in 3d.

I don't always like looking at a big screen.
QUOTE(Ikki @ Aug 14 2011, 09:12 AM) No offense but that's a pretty dumb question provided the fact that the two versions are almost the same.
He the one talking about not getting one over the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1